𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 28

She didn't know what came over her. Jacks left the room and she realised she was continuously trying to flatten the wrinkles away from her skirt.

She could still feel the sensation of him on her lips.

Trying to pay attention to anything else but her memories, she looked around her room that beheld a glass ceiling with golden edges allowing her to see the stars.

It was a short time to be alone all night, but the times stretched out former.

She didn't speak or see Jacks at all until they were departing to continue travelling.

Unlike the monstrous island, she once believed to have golden sand that turned out to be an allusion. This beach truthfully had golden sand all around the island.

Jacks stopped to look at her thought visibly gathering in his mind. Casually walking up to her he followed her gaze.

"Donatella," he gently said.

She turned to face him, and every nerve shot up in delight when he picked up her left hand observing it.

She had the single horrifying moment that he was controlling her emotions.

"You and me, " he whispered to himself still looking at her hand.
Then he looked up to her in mild curiosity, his serious expression carelessly fading away as he asked "would you marry me?"

She couldn't conjure anything to leave her mouth. She was married to him once, some ancient, magical way that she was never aware of until the very end.

Did she care if she was married anymore? She has already been bonded to Jacks in more ways than one. And a voice in her head was shrugging it's shoulders saying why the hell not.

She stepped back, "are you controlling my emotions?"

He raised an eyebrow, "If I was you wouldn't even be thinking that I was. So, no I'm not controlling your emotions."

She crossed her arms, "If you want it, you're going to have to make it worth it. If you want to get married, you have to make the wedding worthwhile." I thought I was messing with him, playing along with the random question he asked, believing to him it was all a game.

A smile overtook his features, "As you wish."

She glared at the magic castle. We couldn't see it. She should've still been able to see the giant mermaid home even from the distance they were at now as they sailed away.
And yet the little amount they travelled had the beautiful place starting to shimmer, a glamour hiding it away as if it was never there.

Jacks stood beside her, as every nerve in her body was aware and alert of his presence.

She re-thought everything over and over again.

"You're serious?" she looked to Jacks and his expression gave nothing away. "Why?"

"You already have the answer."
He waited all this time to see Tella because one night he discovered she was his true love. She didn't know whether marrying him was a terrible or fascinating idea. She wondered if it would be another adventure in a world where exploring felt dry. With him, she already discovered places she didn't know existed.

But she also didn't know when Mistress Lucks warming would stop ringing in her head.

"At least we got engaged leaving an enchanted magical island. That's unique," she said.

"And much better than hearing about our engagement for the first time from rumours."

She didn't know what else to say, the air around them felt like too much, so she excused herself.

She went below deck, but her steps faltered. It was still cluttered in all ways, but she knew the room was larger.
The worst part was the mystery door to enter the gambling room and Jacks secret office was all gone.

Tella turned around to see Jacks standing at the stairs, "Where did it all go?"

"Things change."  He said enthusiastically extending out a hand for her to take.

She hesitantly took it as he leads her to the room she had grown used to sleep in.

He took something out of the draw from the cupboard. "hold out your hand."

She held out her palm and he took it to face up, slipping on a ring. It was a rose gold ring, designed like small thorn vines joining to one rose.

"Not your most romantic gesture." she joked.

"Let's be honest. You're not ready for that."

No, she wasn't, "but what's the point in proposing then?"

There was silence, "I'd wait for you for however long I needed to. But it would never stop being painful. This is just me hoping that you'll let me be selfish with you on this. You don't have to. Throw the ring if you want." There were more words left unsaid, but Tella sensed even he wasn't ready to say them.

His hand didn't leave hers, as her chest was tightening with emotions, "This doesn't mean anything, " she said. "But I need someone to hold me so just-" she walked into his arms. Burying her head on his chest. As he held her tight. His cheek resting on her head.

Everything was overlapping in her mind. The years of being so alone. Year's without anyone and then Jacks came along. Cordelia was the first girl in years she held a long time conversation with. Everything else was distanced by the wind, short conversations, short terms of joy. This could work for her too if she found selfishness in finding what she lost.

"How long until we arrive to where you want to go?" her voice shook as she spoke the words.

"Five more days." he softly said.

There was a weird sensation of realisation she had. Because she knew he'd hold her for as long as she needed. He wouldn't pull away until she wanted him to. She couldn't let him know the comfort it gave her. Telling him any of it would be stepping over a wall she spent too much time creating.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Posted: 17/July/2021

If you enjoyed this ❤️ Voting on it would mean so much to me.

👑 I'm just so happy you're reading my story, thank you.

And I'm so sorry I haven't posted anything in over a month. A lot of stuff has been happening I didn't even realise how much time was going by.

Have a great day, stay safe.