partie cinq

Inés Simons' Perspective

"Inés, is that you?" Twisting around, I seen a blueberry-eyed girl sitting up in the bed she shared with Madeleine. As the moonlight shone in, I was able to see the espresso-brown dispersed through her sapphire eyes. "What are you doing awake?" She didn't move from the cozy position she was in her bed.

"I'm okay Cheryl, go back to sleep." Spinning back around in my chair, I sat for a short minute before deciding it was best if I tried to get some sleep. Climbing up my ladder, I noticed Cheryl already fell back to sleep. I sighed before falling into a light sleep.

My sleep was horrid. I woke up on several occasions. I twisted and turned throughout my sleep.

After doing my normal morning routine, I changed into a seaweed green romper with small daisies around the pockets and low neckline. There was also a tie-up bow around the waist. I then did my hair into two dutch braids whilst waiting for Charles Smith to call me down for breakfast. Usually, when I was waiting for Charles, I would speak to the two girls but today I chose not to.

When I walked down to the table, I sighed in relief to see that Teddy and Timothée were there, safe. I sat between them like usual, acting like everything was alright. Breakfast was pancakes, which I ate in silence. The boys had attempted to include me in their conversation, but after they got no words in return, they carried on talking.

After eating, I went to my writing class. My writing classes lasted a bit longer than most classes. It was only me in that class meaning I got all the teacher's attention- sometimes that wasn't a good thing.

Once the class had finished, I walked outside with my French notebook. I practiced my French but was interrupted when Timothée walked up to me, Teddy behind him.

"What is up with you? And don't say nothing because I know there is. You're always talkative in the morning, why weren't you talking?" Teddy placed himself next to right side of my body while Timothée stood in-front, talking.

"It's fine, guys. It's honestly nothing." I spoke in a light whisper while both boys shook there head, refusing to believe I was okay. The boy on the right of me, turned his whole body to face me, demanding me to tell him what was wrong. "It-I had a horrid dream and I can't shake the feeling that it will happen." Timothée sunk down in-front of me, on his knees, while he asked politely if they could hear about the dream. "Timothée, I really don't think you want to know. I mean look at me, I'm petrified and it isn't even about me."

"So it's about me then?" Nodding my head lightly, he continued talking. "You must tel-"

"No, Timothée, you don't understand."

"Obviously I wouldn't know because you haven't told either of us anything!" I could hear the irritation in his voice.

"Timothée, calm down you're scaring her." Teddy rubbed my thigh gently, comforting me.

"I'm scaring her? Let's just forget that this dream of hers was about ME. Clearly in this nightmare, something happened to me and if she thinks this is going to happen. That indicates something bad might happen to me in real life, and you're worried that I'm scaring Inés. Oh, I'm so sorry Ted-"

"Stop, Timmy, please." My voice cracked slightly as I stared into his eyes. I watched closely as the anger left his orbs. "I'll tell you just, please don't be annoyed or anything, please." I begged as he a responded with a simple nod. "It-it was the 27th of Jul-"

"Take your time, it's okay, it's alright." The sound of Timothée's voice calmed my shaking one.

"It was the 27th of July, this year. I don't want to go into to much detail but you both skipped classes which lead to Mr Smith and Charles to come to your room. You, Timothée, started to talk back and then next thing you were unconscious, bleeding, on the floor. The Smiths left, and you-you were gone." I said the last word so softly, I was surprised either of the boys heard.

"Please, please tell me you're joking." Timothée backed away from me.

"Why would she joke about this?" Teddy sat up from his seat, trudging inside. He paused when I asked where he was going. "I'm going to get my notebook, stay there."

"I'm so sorry, Timmy. I'm so sorry but I just- I couldn't help it. I'm as scared as you are. I could never imagine losing you. You mean too much to me, you know that right?" I walked up to the taller boy as I delicately placed one of my smooth hand on his face, to cup it.

"Tu veux dire le monde pour moi, Inés." He grinned whilst I looked at him confusedly.

"I don't know what that means." I chuckled whilst he grin got larger. "Tell me."

"Nope." He crossed his arms as he spoke with a strong voice.

"Please tell me, s'il vous plaît." He shook his head. "You're a dick, a real dick." He smirked. "Don't you dare say it, don't."

"My lips are sealed." He wrapped his arm around my waist, as he led me to the bench. A minute later, Teddy had came out with a cantaloupe-coloured book. He sat down on the bench, explaining we should write a plan of how to escape in this book as he had the perfect hiding spot for it.

"So, I just wrote down a general list of the things we need to plan." I slumped down in the seat whilst he read the list out: "The Smiths' sleeping plan, our travel plan, the route out of the house, how we can blend in, back-up plans/excuses and what we need to bring. I've figured out that the adults go to sleep around 12 at night. They're also always occupied from 3pm to 5pm.

"We'll need to bring clothes, food, water and possibly money. We can wear dark clothes, maybe green to help blend in with the trees. We'll obviously be on foot. If we did escape, where would we run to?" I thought deeply while thinking of an answer to Timothée's question.

"There is two options: the pond or the beach, where there is a cave." Teddy looked at me before asking about the pond. "The pond is about 3hours away, walking. It's covered in weeping willows. I haven't been there so I don't know exactly what it's like." The boy wrote down all of mine and Timothée's suggestions.

"What's happening?"

A/N- Timmy's emotions throughout this chapter: 📈📉📈📉📈

I'm going to try write more now that school has properly ended. Hope you enjoyed <3