partie sept

Inés Simons' Perspective

It had been an hour since the whole 'good girl'/ bathroom incident. The time was approximately 3pm. The three of us all just came into my room after being outside to eat lunch. I sat on the top bunk-bed, my one, whilst Teddy sat on the double-one below me. Timothée chose to sit on the armchair next to my desk and typewriter. After the conversation we had while walking upstairs ended, silence fell over the room. The silence wasn't awkward, it was comforting. I hadn't talked today as much as I usually would due to my lip still aching.

"Inés, what's this?" His eyes that showed every hue of the forest, rimmed cooly with moss, scanned across my page. I chose not to reply, letting him read it, letting me see his reaction. "Adorable," where his only words.

"Let me read." Teddy's eyes then studied the page before handing it back to Timothée. "What Timothée said."

"Where did you think of that idea?" I replied by saying it was one of the things that I fabricated in my mind which keeps me awake at night. "We should recreate your idea sometime."

"I wish, we're stuck here, remember." I said less like a question and more like a statement.

"Well, while I escaped, or at least tried to. I was trying to find a way out because the 27th of July is only a short while away. Anyway, once I had made it out of the garden, I realised nighttime would be a better time to run. We could meet in the shed as Inés' room is quite far from ours, plus the shed is the farthest thing from the house that gives a good hiding spot."

"Well when are we planning this because, like you said, if Inés feels like something similar will happen to me like the nightmare, we must leave before the 27th." The two older boys continued to chat as my mind drifted to what happened last year, on the 27th of July.

A strong gust of wind blew in my face as we drove in Mrs Smith's mint blue convertible. Timothée, Teddy and I were with Mrs Smith, driving to the closest drive-in movie theater to watch Peter Pan. My hair was in two messy space buns while I was wearing a pair of high-waisted white trousers, matched with a lavender cropped turtleneck. Timothée's luscious curls flew in the wind. His outfit was a collared white shirt under a mauve jumper, paired with beige trousers and checkered trainers. Teddy's outfit was like his best friend's. The 16 (sixteen) year old wore a cobalt-blue jumper, that matched his cinnamon eyes, coordinated with white trousers and the same shoes as Timothée. Both boys wore a belt that matched the colour of their hair. Their jumpers were slightly over-sized, letting the sleeves to be rolled up slightly. They both looked...hot.

"We're here!" Mr Smith pulled up into the theater and stopped her car. Not many other people were there as the movie was set to start in an hour. Without being asked, the three of us helped Mrs Smith with unpacking the car. She thanked us. We all chatted, while watching cars pull in.

Unfortunately there was only 3 (three) blankets, and Teddy being the gentleman he was, he gave his blanket to Mrs Smith. The movie projected onto the screen, my eyes focused on it.

It was the scene of Peter taking the kids to Neverland when my eyes came off the screen and onto the shivering boy beside me. I automatically assumed the 14 (fourteen) year old had given his blanket to Teddy. Without saying anything, I cuddled up to him and let him share my blanket. He thanked me by nodding his head and smiling. I grinned back before my seafoam-green eyes went back to the moving pictures in-front of me. As I drunk my fizzy drink, I felt a slight nudge on my right.

"Yo-you look nice tonight."

"Merci, the same goes to you. You should dress like that more often, it's...nice." I hesitated as I tried to find the right words to describe his style. He thanked me and we both turned back to the screen, eating popcorn and drinking our fizzy drinks.

Throughout the whole movie, I constantly whispered my thoughts to myself. I've done that my whole life, most the time by accident. As the final showdown between Peter Pan and Captain Hook was on, I whispered 'Peter Pan is kind of hot' a bit too loudly. I assumed this as no later than a second later, I felt a pair of eyes on me. Looking to my right I could see Timothée with a slight smile on his face. When I asked him if he heard what I had said, he chuckled and nodded his head in agreement.

"Don't even laugh at me, if you were a girl, you would agree."

He shook his head before responding. "I could be gay though, I'm not, not that there is anything wrong with that." Personally, I was brought up believing that two people of the same gender should never be together. They weren't my own opinions, they were my parents and I'm sure if I was ever with a girl, my parents would be disappointed. "Peter Pan is a fictional character, he doesn't exist, so it would be weird to call him attractive."

"I'm sure you find Wendy attractive."

"Wendy isn't my type and even if she was, I wouldn't be attracted to her as he is an animation."

"What is you're type exactly." Completely ignoring the light chatter around us and the ongoing movie, our conversation continued.

"That is for me to know, and for you to never find out."

"I'll take the blanket back, don't try me." I threatened in a joking matter.

"Do you want me to tell everyone you fancy Peter Pan?" There was a short moment of silence before his husky voice broke it. "I didn't think so."

We turned back to the film just in time to see Captain Hook fall into the crocodile's mouth.

On the way home from the cinema, Mrs Smith asked us about the movie.

"It was good, would've been better if I could've heard the actual film, rather these two chatting the whole time." My face glowed in a red, embarrased shade. When I looked over to Timothée, his face was the same.

"Inés!"

a/n- hey guys, just realised i have a few unreleased parts to i thought i would post them anyways :)