CHAPTER XXIV

''You bastard. Don't you dare set your eyes on her do you understand or I will kill you'', William growled.

''Yes, I knew it. She is more than just a P.A. isn't it Willy'', Jake continued.

''You are one son of a bitch Jake'', William hung up.

All sorts of thoughts ran through his mind. Jake wasn't to be taken so lightly but how would he explain it to Macy. She had already been angry at him for not telling her about Jake but how could he ever have told her. He wanted to keep her and himself away from all this baggage that he carried and wanted her in a bubble safe for the two of them. But here Jake was, trying to get all over Macy and there was nothing he could do. He had never felt so helpless

''Macy'', William sighed, he needed to sort out things between them before it went out of his hands.

''William, is that you'', Macy sensed the disarming voice which dint suit him and she knew he had been hurt.

''I am sorry William. I did not mean to hurt you. I was just so angry at you for keeping me away and it was just a shock to know it from someone else. I am sorry. Please don't worry about me. I will take care of myself. I love you. Please say something'', Macy whispered in an attempt to bring him back.

''You don't have to be sorry Macy. I should have told you about him but I did not want us tainted with my fucked up and damaged beyond repair family. I just want you safe. You coming to some harm because of me will be the death of me. I love you Macy'', William whispered.

''William please come back soon, I miss you'', Macy sobbed and William hung up with a sigh.

William still could not stop brooding. He thought talking to Macy would make a difference but it did not. He was still angry and worried especially after the call he had received from Jake.

''Macy thank you for coming, would you like to join me for a glass of wine'', Prim meekly popped a bottle of wine open for the two of them.

''Yes, thank you'', Macy replied.

''So how is everything with William, did you talk to him'', Prim handed over a glass of red wine to Macy.

''Yes I did, we are fine'', Macy nodded.

''Well he was not very pleased with me, I am sorry Macy for pulling you into this as well'', Prim apologized.

''You don't have to Prim, it's alright. William just needs to stop being so worried and over protective. I did tell him we are not kids'', Macy sighed.

''You what! I think you're right, we can handle ourselves'', Prim clapped her hands and swayed to the kitchen.

''I ordered take out today, Thai'', Prim announced.

Macy beamed and the two of them began to dig into the rice noodles and red curry when the knob to the main door turned and their eyes travelled curiously towards the door.

''Evening ladies'', William greeted the two of them coldly, Prim's face lost color and her jaw dropped to the floor. Macy stopped her fork midway in air, noodles wound around it artfully.

''Mind me joining for dinner'', he icily announced more than asked.

''William you are back'', was the only thing Macy and Prim manage to blurt out.

William stiffly hugged Prim and looked down at her,

''Now let me greet my girl'', he moved to Macy.

''Hi'', he quickly placed a kiss on her lips but it was devoid of emotions, he felt detached.

''Hi William, how are you'', Macy smiled politely not letting fear over take her senses. She was not going to be intimidated by him.

''Well I think you know. I would be lying if I said I was fine and it's not something I am used to'', he hissed. Prim looked shattered. But by the looks of it Macy wasn't ready to succumb to his arrogance. He was right but so was she and she would keep her stand.

''Join us for dinner William since you managed to pull out your trip that early'', Macy replied sarcastically.

''As if you two had left an option'', William pushed away his plate shattering it into pieces and Prim couldn't control her tears as William looked at her with fury.

''Well, that's a nice tone and temper for a calm conversation, wouldn't you say William'', Macy rolled her eyes at William. He realized that Prim was crying and tried to cool down.

''Fuck you Macy, I'm so angry right now, I could fuck you seven ways till Sunday and you're going to go along for the ride'', he warned her.

''Trust me my pussy is ready for that but right now what exactly is eating you up, William. I have told you I love you and I am not going anywhere. Let your brother set his eyes on me but I am not going to get affected and leave you for all the tea in China'', Macy yelled.

''God damn it Macy it's not you I have doubts upon. It's him and when will you both understand that. He can do anything. He just wants an opportunity to make my life and those with me difficult because right now he knows I am the only one who can sanction his release. For god sake Macy I don't want to lose you not after I have told you how I feel about you and standing here and explaining this shit is new to me. I have never had to justify myself to someone. I have never let anybody that close to me. All other girls were one night stands Macy but you, you mean to me more than anything in this goddamn world'' William sighed.

Macy couldn't control herself. She pounced at William, her eyes blazing with hot emotions as she wrapped her fingers around the lapels of his jacket, pulled him closer and at that moment William realized her intentions so he held her firmly by the waist, his fingers lingering over her and his eyes darkened, brooding with untold affection and she tiptoed too him, pulling him down to her as she gently placed her lips over his, they were warm against him and the kiss started gently but turned passionate and possessive. Macy moaned in his mouth and he pulled her closer, her hands tangled in his soft curls. His tongue explored her mouth and she too poured all her anger and frustration in that one kiss realizing that he was doing the same.

''I love you'', Macy sighed.

''I love you too Macy, more than you will ever know'', William replied.

They couldn't help notice Prim who by now had tears pouring down her cheeks and her nose had turned red and blotchy. William let the feud go and pulled her into a hug.