CHAPTER XXVIII

At night Emily decided to call Macy, ''Hello Macy this is Emily, hope I am not intruding'', she sighed.

''No Mrs. Clark'', Macy jolted from her thoughts and scrubbed her eyes.

''What do you think about Jake, Macy'', she continued.

''Well I am trying to understand Mrs. Clark, there are no evidences against his innocence. What can I say'', Macy replied trying not to offend Emily.

''Well, that's what I thought, William's influence knows no bounds. He exhibits Jake like my son is a fucking prick, a monster'', Emily barked.

''No you are misunderstanding him Mrs. Clark'', Macy continued.

''Who knows him better than me dear. He set up his business, knew Jake was better than him, Jake always deserved more than him but Will always got the best. The business, you and my Jake was left to rot in the prison. This is exactly the reason why William isn't giving Jake the release, he fears what is his will go to Jake. Macy why don't you understand. William is the prick not Jake. He destroyed my son'', Emily barked.

In that moment of realization Macy recollected all the time she had spent with William. Him appointing her, his gentleness at the office, his apology, him at her birthday, his lips on hers, his gentleness when they made love, his concern, people's respect for him, him as a brother with Prim, his over protectiveness and most of all his love for Macy. And as she thought about all this anger bubbled in her as she resumed talking to Emily.

''Mrs. Emily Clark, for a moment I thought you were a mother not only to one son but to two sons and a daughter and I think you have forgotten that. I strongly disagree with you when you tell me you know William better. What do you know about him. I will tell you about him. He is the most sincere, responsible, caring and loving man I have ever seen till date. The business was, is and will forever remain his. He has worked every bit to earn it. You should see when he walks into the office, not a single head remains unturned. You have to see when he strikes his deals, not a single investor argues. You have to see him during his meeting, not a single statistic goes unnoticed. He is not because of Clark enterprises, the Clark enterprises is because of him.

Coming to Jake, if he wanted to do something and that he was capable like you say he wouldn't have spent his early life in a rehab. I tried to sympathize with your son, thinking he might be right but I was wrong. Don't you dare call William a prick and you are wrong when you said he destroyed your son, more than he already was Mrs. Clark.

The next time you raise your voice against William in front of me think about it twice, because I will be waiting to knock your skull with some sense that has evaporated right now'', Macy growled and hung up on Emily.

Macy clutched her comforter tightly too her body as it shivered with uneasiness. The guilt washed over her like waves on a beach, subtle yet impactful. She betrayed William, and now when everything made sense to her she was shattered. Her mind was clouded with doubt and remorse. Will William want her back after what she had done and if not how would she ever go and work for him and face herself. Tears rolled down unbidden on her cheeks as she craved the presence of William beside her.

''William'', Macy sobbed as she called her love.

''Macy, what's wrong'', William asked concerned.

''I love you'', Macy replied and hung up.

It was 1 when there was someone on the door.

''William'', Macy squeaked.

''Macy you have been crying what's wrong baby, I came to check on you'', William replied.

''I love you William, more than you will ever know'', Macy wrapped her arms around William and laid her cheek on his chest taking in his scent and warmth.

William scooped Macy into his arms and tip toed his way to her room.

''What's wrong Macy, tell me'', William inquired as he closed the door behind him.

Macy narrated everything in detail to William.

''Woah, that was, what can I say Macy, what did my mom say after you finished'', William softly smiled at Macy.

''I did not give her a chance to William, I hung up on her'', Macy looked down.

''Hey don't be sorry, frankly I don't know what to say. As far as my mom is concerned I knew things would reach this far. She disliked me after things went wrong with Jake and I did not support her. I don't know but I just couldn't let things go wrong with Lily, because at that moment I placed Prim in her position. As for you, I don't know what to say. I am floored by your trust in me and I love you Macy Henderson'', William moved to his knees.

''You have shown me what is trust, you have shown me what is love, you have shown me how important it is to show what you feel for others, you give me confidence and support, you are the only thing that makes me willingly wake up in the morning because I know my day won't be shitty like every other day, you will be there with your usual banter, you make me look at the world differently, you make me reason things and analyze them, I mean it when I say you have taught me to be patient, control my temper, become a better man. I want to protect you and love you and have you beside me for the rest of my life, will you marry me Macy Henderson'', William sighed.

Macy had tears in her eyes as William tilted her chin up to him and placed his lips on hers. The eclectic taste of warmth, love and William's scent dominated her mouth and her body exploded like the fourth of July. She too poured in all her passion, want and love in that one kiss and she realized that in the very moment William was doing the same.

''Will you be mine Macy, will you let me cherish you for the rest of our life'', William whispered.

''William this is too quick, you are doing this because you thought I might have left you, I might have feelings for Jake'', Macy looked at him sadly.

''No it's because I have finally found someone I want to spend the rest of my life with'', William looked at Macy in awe.

''If that's what it is I will need to think about it. Give me some time to take in all these events. I have had enough excitement for today with the dinner, your mom calling me and I thrashing her and I also think she might have adopted a disliking for me but then I don't regret what I said'', Macy smiled.

''So it's not a no'', William looked at Macy expectantly.

''No Mr. Clark it's not a no but not a yes also'', Macy smirked.

''Not a very romantic proposal eh'', William sighed.

''No Mr. Clark not at all'', and the two of them started laughing.

''I will stay today provided you want me to. I don't want to push my luck'', William smirked.

''Of course'', Macy squeaked with delight.

The two of them dozed off in Macy's room with Macy cocooned in William's arms. Even in his sleep he held Macy close to him never wanting to let her go.