Ch. 9: Tea Time

After a long day of finishing chores you headed to Muffy's home and take a seat around her black antique  wooden table, seat sandwiched in between both Bob and Tiffany. You all patiently waited for Muffy who currently was at the counter fixing up some cookies to go with the tea that was inside her black and white floral tea pot. You were admittedly feeling awkward from all the waiting so you tried to make small talk at the table.

"So-"

"No no no, not yet Y/N we can't talk until Muffy is at the table." Bob said waiting  patiently which was rare even for him.

"Sorry for keeping you all waiting" Muffy said bringing in a platter of delicious cookies. They were each perfectly shaped and smelled freshly baked. You reach your hand out to grab a cookie before having your hand softly slapped away by Muffy.

"Nu-uh no cookies for you until you tell us what happened", Muffy said in a confrontational tone.

You poured some tea into your cup "What do you mean? I thought we were up to date" you said genuinely confused, taking a small sip of the Earl Grey tea in your cup.

Tiffany now turned to you shaking her head disapprovingly, "Y/N darling we have eyes you know, and I saw you getting all close and personal with Orville"

You immediately spat out your tea and began to choke, face flushed pink in embarrassment, "Oh yeah... I guess me and Orville are dating now...even though we've mostly been hanging out and have not gone on any actual date."

Muffy slid the platter of cookies towards you, face awestruck, Tiffany's pupils were still dialated in surprise, and Bob had already snatched some cookies from the platter before they got to you so he just continued munching. 

"Oh Y/N you're not single anymore that's great!" Bob said face full of crumbs.

"Great! JUST great! This is an astonishing development for our little Y/N, wait a minute Y/N have you even ever had a boyfriend before?!" Tiffany said sounding quite excited for you.

You huffed in embarrassment, "I mean... have I gone out with people? OF course I have I'm not a baby you know!?"

"Well I guess that's good then you must be used to all this couple stuff" Muffy said sipping on her tea.

"Not really...I mean my old high school relationships were never this serious. I feel like high school relationships for most people were their attempts to dip their toes into the whole dating scene.  Its different this time, I feel like our bond is more genuine in a way since we're all grown up and this isn't just some experimental phase..." You say looking at the reflection of your teacup now looking a little more somber, "... and honestly that's terrifying".

"Y/N darling why does something as beautiful as a genuine connection terrify you" Tiffany said curiously.

"I- I don't know, It's just that I never want to let go of this feeling and now it feels like I don't know anything and I'm at risk of losing Orville even though we barley got together"

Muffy spoke up curiously, "Y/N why would you lose Orville?"

"It's just that ever since Fra-"

As soon as you were about to drop her name a knock was heard at the door. Muffy let out a simple "Coming" before opening the door and welcoming the guest . You recognized that curly red hair anywhere, it was Goose!

"Hey Goose, pull up a chair" Tiffany said pulling out the empty chair besides her.

"Thanks...uh so what were all of you talking about?" Goose said awkwardly trying to  insert himself into the group.