Chapter 18

Brightrie Range was beautiful, the forests were thick and beautiful, and the horses handled the winding mountain trails.

"The town is just up around this bend." Lincoln explained to her as he moved his horse closer to hers. "What do you think about living up here?" He asked her.

"It feels peaceful." She explained to him, breathing in the cool mountain air. "And its much easier to ride without my hands being bound." She added with a tease towards him.

He chuckled, "It's not like you lasted long with your hands bound, my infuriating captive." Lincoln said in return.

She smiled at him before focusing ahead as buildings started to come into view. It was a proper little town, with a general store and school house.

"You don't have a saloon." She turned to Lincoln in surprise.

"Nope, we wont allow a Saloon to be built here. You can buy alcohol and drink it in the comfort of your own home." He explained to her.

"I think I love this town already." Sabrina said with a smile.

"I am glad you think so." Lincoln reached over to place his hand on hers. "Do you mind if we go and find Everett?" He asked her.

"I don't mind." She said with a smirk.

"I'll catch up with you two later." Oliver said over his shoulder to them before riding up to the general store as a young woman was already bursting out of the doors.

"That's Holly?" Sabrina asked Lincoln as she watched the couple embrace.

"Yup, wedding preparations should begin soon for those two." Lincoln said with a chuckle as they kept riding ahead.

"It's nice to see men unafraid of showing their love." She remarked to Lincoln.

"I suppose you didn't get to see much love growing up." He realised in surprise. "I'm sorry if I make you feel uncomfortable." He looked over at her.

"You've never made me feel uncomfortable." Sabrina said quickly. "Quite the opposite actually." She told him.

"I am glad to hear it." Lincoln was falling serious again and she followed him as he reigned up in front of a small church.

"What are you doing?" She asked as he hurried over to her saddle.

"I was going to help you down?" He explained after a pause.

"Help or haul me off like last time?" Sabrina asked with a giggle.

"Help, even though you probably don't need it." Lincoln said seriously as she moved to fall into his arms. "And maybe its an excuse to hold you for a moment." He said with a smirk.

Rising onto her tip toes she quickly kissed him, squeaking in surprise when his arms wound around her waist, pulling her closer to him as he kissed her in return.

He broke the kiss first but just stood there with his arms around her. That old dark cloud was forming around him, and she shifted to lean her head on his chest.

"Lincoln, what's on your mind?" She asked him.

"I don't know how Everett will respond." He admitted with a heavy sigh.

"Whatever happens, I'll vouch for you. You are a good man." Sabrina explained to him.

"Alright, well, lets get this over and done with." Lincoln shifted away to tether the horses to the hitching post.