Chapter 19

"You didn't tell me just how much family you had!" Sabrina mumbled to Lincoln as she peaked out the kitchen window at everyone who had gathered in the yard. The men were in groups, talking loudly and laughing together. The woman were tending to the meals and dealing with fussy children. "What if they don't like me?" She asked as she whirled to face the broad man.

"They will love you, you are amazing and sweet and kind." Lincoln stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her. "There is nothing be worried about." He explained to her.

"Alright you two, its time to meet the family." Grandma Clay said from the kitchen doorway and Sabrina glanced up at Lincoln as he linked his fingers with hers.

"Let's go my dear." He smiled at her as he hurried to lead her out of the house and around to the yard.

The chatter died as soon as they stepped into sight and she'd never felt more embarrassed of how she looked right at that moment.

"Lincoln, so its true, you're alive." A man approached with a baby on his hip, in the afternoon sun, she could see he shared similar features with Lincoln but his eyes were more blue.

"Eli." Lincoln let go of her hand to half embrace the man.

"I'd good to see you, kiddo." Eli said with a sigh, obviously relieved to see his brother.

"Sabrina this is Eli, the third brother." Lincoln introduced her with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you." Sabrina said quietly, embarrassed to have the attention on her.

Lincoln drew her closer at that, "Let's get this over with, so then we can eat and enjoy the night." He said seriously.

She followed him as he moved to stand in front of his family.

"I see there have been lots more little ones added to the mix since I left." Lincoln said in amusement, drawing a few chuckles for everyone. "I was not in a good place when I left, and I am sorry for that. I hope I can be forgiven." He said falling into his serious self.

"Maybe you should get the children to go and play." Sabrina said quietly as she interrupted him.

"Oh, that's probably a good idea." Lincoln said in realisation before loudly asking if the older children would be sent to play near the small barn, well out of earshot.

Sabrina clung to his hand, listening as he apologised to his family before starting to explain how he ambushed the house and found Earl trying to escape.

"I found Sabrina in the barn and captured her as Earl begged for his life to be spared if I took his daughter. I took her anyway and tied Earl to a post before nailing the barn shut and setting it on fire." Lincoln cringed as a shocked gasp came from several women. "I forgot most women aren't like you." He muttered under his breath to her.

Sabrina tried to hide her smile, flattered that he thought that she was amazing despite not being like a normal women. He continued to explain their story, when they parted for months and then her return into his life, having suffered torture at the hands of Rylan Black for him and his family.

"Alright, alright. We get it, you fell in love with Greco's daughter, you killed a few outlaws and now you are home. Can you shut up now so we can question the girl on why she fell for an ugly thing like you." One man called out and she giggled at Lincoln's laugh of outrage.

"Hudson." Lincoln walked forward to embrace the man and she suddenly found herself surround by the wives of his family.

One woman hugged her instantly and Sabrina froze as a response.