chapter four

lee jeno

"okay, now we'll be working on knife throwing." said kim doyoung, the young assassins' combat trainer. "jeno, i know utilising the knife is not your forte, and i'm not going to force you to," he paused to grin at the younger, "which is why i want you to stand there and observe jaemin, okay? not now but maybe later you can learn how to use knives too, you know they're especially useful during confrontation." 

jeno grinned at his instructor, muttered a small "yes sir" and without even sparing a glance at the pink haired boy standing next to them, went to place himself in the far left corner of the room.

target after target, not even a single attempt of jaemin's missed the center of the target. jeno could only watch, jaw slightly open in awe as the younger completed the task at hand with commendable accuracy. 

as soon as he finished, he walked towards jeno, an arrogant smirk gracing his 'stupidly handsome face', as jeno would call it. not wanting to give him the pleasure of knowing he was impressed, jeno looked towards the ground to try and compose himself.

the ordeal from the previous day played in the back of his mind. 

he had always thought that everyone, no matter what terrible deed they committed, deserved a last shot at forgiveness. however, he knew that jaemin couldn't have possibly had an explanation for bad-mouthing him. 

and so, he had stormed out the room, fifteen minutes before he was permitted to leave. jaemin had tried to chase after him, but out of the very few things jeno thought he was good at, running was definitely in the top three, and thus he had managed to lose him.

a warm breath on his neck drew him out of his overthinking. "hyung said it's your turn now jeno."  jaemin said from behind him, his word's tickling the latter's ear.

jeno instantly flushed and pushed away the younger. 

pfft, he had totally gotten over him.

....

jeno had not gotten over jaemin, and it sucked.

"that isn't how you do it, jeno. jaemin go help him out." said doyoung, sighing. 

jeno's bullet's were far from even landing on the target, and he felt extremely frustrated at himself. he had a terrible aim in general, and having a certain pink haired assassin watch him with that annoying smirk of his, was definitely not helping.

this time when he felt someone behind him, he knew who it was and so,he did the only logical thing, he elbowed jaemin in the ribs.

"jeno what the fuck- ow!" jaemin exclaimed as pain shot up his body.

"maybe you should stop sneaking up on me, you creep!" jeno replied, "besides, who knows, maybe being a failure could be contagious."

before jaemin could reply, the bell rang. the session was over, and yet again, jeno ran out without letting jaemin apologize.

jamin had to do something, and so he decided to meet up with someone who happened to be jeno's best friend.

if only he knew how he'd react, maybe listening to jeno's awful remarks a million times would've been a better option.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶
hi uwu
it has literally been forever im soo sorry :"(
im absolutely swamped with assignments and class tests and barely get any time :/
anyhow happy belated birthday to our precious moon taeil <3

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶hi uwuit has literally been forever im soo sorry :"(im absolutely swamped with assignments and class tests and barely get any time :/anyhow happy belated birthday to our precious moon taeil <3

hes so pretty i cri :")
stan talent stan taeil !
have a great day people

~ your sleep deprived high school going author