Chapter10

It was Friday and I decided to text Hazel.

Ellie - Hey, how are you ?

Hazel had seen the message but didn't reply. I kept on texting her over and over trying to find out what is wrong. I was pretty sure we sorted everything out the day before, but this seemed very suspicious to me. I waited the whole day, tried everything I could to reach her but nothing.

The next day I waited and waited. It was evening and suddenly she messaged me. Hazel wrote paragraphs and paragraphs and the moment I started reading them I was shocked.

Hazel - I didn't reply to you because I don't know what to say anymore. I don't know what to think about this friendship anymore. I don't know if I want to invest more love and time into this friendship because it has done nothing but physically and emotionally drain me. You don't even deserve the right to call me a best friend anymore you have done nothing but abuse this friendship. You know I read this quote saying " If someone wants to keep you they would never put them self in a position to loose you" and I really am starting to believe this quote now. I am constantly being judged and bossed around in this friendship. You know Olivia blew all out on me for being rude to you, I am pretty sure you said something to her.

Ellie -  I am sorry what. I think you have completely lost your mind. You know this is what happens when I start to be honest with you for once. I can never be honest in this friendship and if I am it hurts your ego. In reality you have abused this friend ship, you want every thing to be done in your way. You know honestly sometimes I think we are complete strangers. Didn't you notice I don't tell you as many things as I used to lately, why ? because you keep constantly judging me for whatever I do just to show your self better than me. I read this quote saying " whenever i trust someone new, they remind me why I shouldn't trust anyone in the first place" and you know I believe this. And what now, you are furious because Olivia called you out. Maybe she just showed you the mirror and that hurt your ego. Oh and I remember your standards are too high to be even friends with me, so honestly I don't remember why in the first place I forgave you. My mistake not yours.

Hazel -  I am glad we are on the same page. So we are done, but don't spoil your friendship with Olivia. I am not going to change my mind.

Ellie - Don't worry hazel. I am not going to spoil my friendship for anyone.

I was being very uptight in front of Hazel but I am not going to lie. It hurts like hell. Loosing someone so close to you and just like that in a moment gone. I was very upset for quite a while, but then i was fine. In fact I was happy...confused right ? I got rid of a toxic friendship how can I stay sad?

I texted Olivia updating her to what happened with Hazel and I. Olivia is a very kind hearted person, so she was very apologetic about what she did but I assured her it was fine. In fact i thanked her for doing something I couldn't do.

You know it's better you stay alone rather than have people in your life who constantly want to bring you down and prove themselves better than you. I have no grudges against Hazel in my heart, but I am glad that I am not friends with her because people who always prove themselves better than other can only love themselves and no one else. You are you and that is your power. Always remember that people who constantly try to bring you down are already below you.

Authors note

OMG... this was the last chapter of my first ever book!! It was based on a real life story...Make sure to follow and vote.