#7 Dreamy and the mission

"If only
You were a second late
Dreaming about yesterday"

It's been two weeks since the attack and they found nothing new about the attackers or Ariella's powers

They moved to the new compound a week and a half ago and Ariella still wasn't used to the new place which caused even more sleepless nights than usual. The twins were still helping her and she was improving. She had gained control of her powers again. Well, mostly at least. She spent most of her time in her room painting because she didn't want to be in anyone's way.

Now the Avengers were on another mission and Ariella was needed with them. Tony, Natasha, Cap and the twins were huddled in a jet. Ariella was sandwiched between the twins and was very uncomfortable. The awkward silence had gone on for the entire two hour flight.

"We're almost there," Nat - who was flying - informed. Wave of relief went through Ariella. No longer having to bear the silence. The jet landed on a small field. You could call the view almost beautiful if it wasn't for the big, ugly and abandoned storage building.

"I'll stay here. Contact me if something happens", Ariella said as the others were getting off the jet. "Be careful."

"As always", her father said and kissed her forehead.

She watched as the team disappeared into the woods surrounding the field and went back in the jet. Luckily she brought a book with her since this was probably going to take a while. After all it seemed to be Hydra they were after again. She was reading Secret garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Something she always picked when she was feeling off or stressed. Now she was both. The story was so soothing and wholesome it calmed her down.

She didn't like having the comms on during missions, she just usually asked the team to send a distress signal to the jet and only then she would put it on. This wasn't an exception and she had no idea what was going down. It had been almost an hour and it was too quiet for the storage to be so close, this might be a tra-

"Hello Ariella"

The voice cut her thought and caught her off guard. She turned around to see a man standing behind her. He was slightly taller than her, had dark brown hair and fuzzy beard. He didn't look threatening. His blue eyes looked kind and almost hopeful.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I think you know my name", the man said smiling softly. He was right Ariella did know who he was. He was Lincoln Campbell, one of the so called Inhumans who were at the tower during the attack. Ariella tried to reach for a knife behind her back.

"You won't need that. I'm here to talk but I don't have much time", Lincoln said but Ariella didn't quite believe him. "I can assure you I'm not here to harm you." That she almost did believe and she was curious what he was going to say.

"You are one of us-"

Ariella could barely process what he had just said. She cut him off. "Hold on, are you saying I'm an inhuman?"