| Chapter 15 |

I'm not the easiest person to please but Jack has worked his way around that. I should want to keep him around...for a while. But I had to tell him that I needed time to think over the boy/girlfriend situation. I don't know about everyone else around my age but I don't carelessly throw around that title. Out of all the things I'm careless with, it can't be that. Luckily, he understood and allowed me to have more time to think about it. But the tone in his voice indicated that he might be less than hopeful.

He stayed close to me the entire next week at school since we didn't hang out on Sunday. I spent that day with Maisie at her house, giving her the makeover that will change her life. She had asked me why she had to change herself to get Aaron's attention. And I told her that the only thing she needed to change was her approach and attitude. The makeover was just a bonus because it's fun. Some guys like shy girls. But Aaron didn't. And if she wanted him that badly, then she'd have to approach him with a little more oomph and confidence. I taught her the basics; like not to come off too easy, make him work for it after grabbing his attention. I told her that she didn't have to be loose but if that's how she felt like being, then I wouldn't judge her for it. Being sexually open is a massive part of human life but only the females get called a slut for even trying to venture down that road. I say fuck it. People can call Maisie & I what they want. I was never here for them nor their input. And they'll never pay my bills...whenever I start paying bills.

I dyed Maisie's golden brown locks into a deep red. Her mother said it was okay...via text. I showed her how to do a winged eyeliner sharp enough to pierce the heart of any man. We had even went to the mall to try out different shades of lipstick that easily went with her skintone and settled with a pink pout. I bought a new tube of my favorite lipstick in the shade called Dusk Red. It reminds me of the color red roses turn when they die, a deep velvet red.

When we had returned to school on Monday, Jack and I watched as Maisie walked up to Aaron. Her hair was wavy, her shirt was tied up a bit in the back, & her ripped jeans (that I helped her rip) were kickass. She made him stammer and he nervously reached into his bag to hand her a notebook. I'm guessing she asked to borrow notes for the class they share. He even smiled after she walked away. Mission accomplished. Not too long after she left his presence, Jack and I walked over to him.

"I see you, bro," Jack said in an encouraging way, nudging Aaron on the shoulder.

Aaron chuckled nervously. "What are you talkin' about?"

"You should totally ask Maisie to homecoming," I spoke. "I'm sure her dress is gonna be killer."

Aaron smiled and looked at me, closing his locker. "You helped her out, didn't you?"

I dramatically gasped and placed my hand on my chest. "Whatever do you mean, sugar?" My surprised face quickly turned into a grin and I playfully ruffled Aaron's hair. "See you in group."

As we walked away, Jack put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my forehead.

"So who are you taking to homecoming?" I joked.

"Ah," he sighed. "I don't know. There is this one girl, she's older than me."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, she works at the hospital a lot. Has this neat haircut. Her name's Sophia, by the way."

I playfully hit him in the chest. "You're a real wise guy, you know that?"

"Oww-uh. Why so violent?" He chuckled under his breath. "But I need you to come with me to pick up my textbook, I left it in my class."

"Dude, it's lunchtime, I'm starving."

"Pretty please...pretty please," he asked, inching closer to my face with puppy dog eyes. I sighed and gave him a pop kiss.