5. Surprising Winner

Spoilers may occur (and throughout the other chapters), I just wanted to remind you. So caution is advised. Don't fite me if like I ruined it for you.

o<(-_-)>o ;-; o<(-_-)>o ;-; o<(-_-)>o ;-; :-)

"That seemed kind of unfair."

"I know, we just watched Lady Medea consecutively win each round."

"Right! Was there even a reason for this."

"It's obvious who the winner is."

"But Lady Psyche put up a valiant effort."

"Lady Medea's skills were so captivating to watch."

"She'll make this country prosper." 

"But that speech Lady Psyche gave, it really considered the poor too, unlike Lady Meadea's speech, which only benefitted the higher class."

This statement caught the attention of the audience, causing their discussion, now gossip, about that topic.

"Yea!"

"Most of the population is already poor, why'd they have to help the rich."

"She seems kinder than lady Medea too."

"Yea she would be a great queen."

Murmurs and whisper continued

Until the pope (is that what it's called and what his job is. don't know) came and went to announce the winner after the royals and council discussed, but it really all came down to the prince. As it was he who was marrying.

And as the eldest son, and only son (???), of all the non-existence other siblings he had (lol, imagine if he had siblings, would they hate him?).

"The winner of this competition is..."

.

.

.

.

.

"Lady Psyche!"

The audience and everyone were silent, as they were not expecting this. Even the King and Queen themselves

"Huh!"

"*Gasp*"

"⢀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣤⣶⣶ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣀⣀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⠉⠁⠀⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠿⠿⠿⠻⠿⠿⠟⠿⠛⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⢰⣹⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣭⣷⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠤⠄⠀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢾⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠠⣿⣿⣷⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢄⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿"

... There's still silent because I'm hearing crickets noises.

Psyche, on the other hand, was shocked, tears slowly started to drip down her eyes, out of happiness.