Chapter 12: The sleep over

Me, Mason and Vanessa gather around at the center of the living room telling jokes and riddles and Scary stories, we even had the guts to watch insidious 5  and I don't think I can sleep after that, anyways we are currently eating the pizza Vanessa ordered for almost three hours ago and it's 12:15  in the midnight and we are currently talking about school.

"And then she asked Mr Simon  how do they make eggs again? ' and he was like ' go ask the boys they've paid more attention in class than in bed ' " Vanessa says with a wink, my face squeezes like I sucked a whole lemon letting a giggle escape from my squished lips, Mason is laughing with a full smile on his face, my face also light up from his calm expression, I've never seen Mason this happy before, he laughs but not like this, he's really happy -  Vanessa cuts my daydream short when she noticed I want paying any attention to what she was saying.

        Soon enough, we get our blankets ready to sleep off into the night, I adjust my pillow while Vanessa walks to turn off the lights, now we all tucked in living room's comfy center rug, I'm sandwiched between Vanessa and Mason but there's a little gap between everyone of us fighting for the comfort of the rug, we finally after 5 minutes of cuddling into the 3 Inches soft tall fibre cotton rug got in place and started to doze off one by one until I was the last girl standing. How was I supposed to sleep after watching the scariest film ever known to man kind...well I don't know about ' the curse of La Yorona ' but for utmost care of your mental health, do not watch it at midnight!

     I started counting sheeps when I tried every possible means to fall asleep but the insidious scenes keep replaying In my head I kept on counting sheeps until my eyes felt heavy, then I finally wander off into a whole imaginary other world that I can never get to remember!

Mason

The urge to drink water overtakes my feeling to sleep more, my eyes open blinking multiple times to clear my vision, I don't have a clue how I slept and how I didn't wake up cause I'm a light sleeper and I hate it, my eyes falls to the girl snoozing in front of me, a strand of her black hair over her face making her look cuter by the second. I stand up looking at fridge I walk over trying to steady my wobbly feet, I pull out a bottle of water from the fridge, leaning on the counter, I pull out my phone to go YouTube then I receive a call from saphiral..

It's too early in the morning...for this kind of torturing right now!

I ignore the call taking another gulp of water hoping to drain my stress along with it, I have freaking 12 missed calls from my shitty guardian, she's probably gonna yell at me for not coming home, it feels good to be a badass for once, it's literely being free from witches that want you to be a good boy for the rest of your freaking life and that sucks deeply!

" Morn.." I look up to see Vanessa waving at me walking upstairs with a messy bun and an oversized checkered T-shirt reaching her knee, I smirk at her...or my thoughts...or both. It's 6:30 in the morning and Linsy isn't awake yet and I'm still walking around her kitchen shirtless cause she slept over my shirt I didn't want to wake her up, linsy's mum walks down the stairs ready for work followed by her dad, my throat feels like there's a ball inside, her mum turns to me with an amusing look In her eyes but that's not what made the bad boy get wrinkled, I just realised I'm not wearing any shirt, I'm freaking shirtless! Damn it!

"Uh..take care I'll be going to work now and if you're hungry there are some cereals in the cabinet under the counter" that was nice now let's listen to what the man with probably a whole gun collection has to say cause right now he's just staring at me.

" Where's your shirt?"

"Linsy's asleep on it"

"Okay, if anything happens to my daughter -"

"Nothing will happen to you okay sweetie!" Mrs Harper conveniences me that I won't get a death sentence from her husband, she steps out of the house, Mr Harper walks up to me , my heart is gonna burst open if I don't stop panicking, he look at me eyeing me up.

"Nice packs you got there huh! not bad for a beginner" he whispers, placing his hand on my shoulder, taps my neck and finally on his way out....Damn what the hell was that! 

"Morn..ing" Ten minutes after her parents left linsy finally wakes up, yawning at the last three syllable, then staring at me for seconds before taking her eyes off.

Linsy

"Morn...ing" yawning at the last syllables then my eyes turn to Mason who was shirtless in the kitchen, I stare at him for seconds that felt like minutes before taking my eyes off, my cheeks start to burn and I put my head down to let the hair cover my face, waddling towards the cabinet squatting to take a box of cereal out of the cabinet under the counter.

"Pass me the milk will ya?" I say without looking up, a minute passed I've been waiting and he hasn't passed it yet, I look over my shoulder and his eyes are stuck to his phone, I get up to turn the tap on, rinsing my hands and splashing some on him getting his attention.

"What!" He exclaims still looking at his phone, I sigh and get the milk myself, fresh and cold just how I like it!

" Hey would you mind making some for me?" I look up towards the stairs to see Vanessa in her blue denims and sky tank top showing almost half of her belly, I nod in response and grab another bowl from the plate rack, Mason also asks but I refuse just because he didn't pass the milk that's one and two I don't in any form resemble a maid so yeah  I think that's enough reason for not making him breakfast.

" Just because I didn't pass the milk, you gotta be kidding me Lins"

" No I ain't"

"Oh c'mon please" I glance at him and he's doing the puppy eyes stuff, and he's doing it terribly wrong! Vanessa looks at him then back at me before taking another scoop of rice crispies.

" Aww, c'mon linsy don't be so harsh on the lil shirtless puppy, give the kid a snack will ya!" You have to be kidding me I ain't making cereal for him! No! never! He's still staring at me dropping his phone on  the counter, walking toward me making my heart race, what the hell makes my heart shake like a rodeo at full speed, he so close now he could possibly hear my stupid heart shaking like a drum.

"Please, with a cherry on top of fudge" he pleads pouting his lips, I roll my eyes and a ' yes ' with a chuckle of victory from him makes me and Vanessa giggle, I catch Liam's eye peeking out from the stairs, I sit on the counter along with Mason and Vanessa, I call Liam out for breakfast knowing that's what he's waiting for and he runs downstairs to the kitchen and snatches his breakfast out of my hand without a thank you not even a morning out of his cute little naughty mouth.

"Uh aren't you forgetting something Eric?" She strengthens her tone on the name he doesn't really like being called especially around visitors. Eric. He drops his breakfast and puts his arms around my waist and sends a nasty glare making her narrow her eyes.

"Nerd" he says breaking eye contact and running to the living room in his Tom the builder PJ's, plops into the couch turns on the TV.

"Oh you just got burned!" Vanessa rolls her eyes with a smirk on  her face, I leave the two to go have a shower, locking the door behind me I brush up and get have a pleasant moment in my bathtub.