Chapter One

Hey, beloved readers!!! 

I've missed you all so much. But finally, I am creating again. And I have you to thank for that. The cover is made and 9 chapters are written, so, here we go!

Let me start with my customary warning. This is VERY unedited, though, I do read over to make sure things are not a complete train wreck. I miss some things and I'm sorry. 

Secondly, this is a slower build reverse-harem. Not in terms of sexy wise, but in terms of emotions. And speaking of sexy wise, there are more of them in this story. I would apologize, but I won't. The characters write the story. I'm just the fingers on the keyboard. 

And again, if you read the first one, you know this story is darker than the Bound by series. In terms of the world and the characters. If you come into to this expecting Chevonne to be anything like Eve, you are going to be disappointed. Please don't do this. I don't want to disappoint anyone. 

I have one more book to write in this series, then, I will write the companion series "Son of Erebus". After these, I'm going to dive back into Eve's world. I have a LOT planned for the rest of the year, so please, bear with me. 

M, I will be mailing out your book THIS week if it kills me. I swear!

Okay, so, NOW, here we go!

~~~

Livia watched in fascination as Draven pulled the woman to his lips, lips that were still bloody from the last person he drank. The scream the unfortunate soul let out would have once touched her, but that went away with the murder of her love. The scream she released wouldn't haunt her the way Colvin's did. The scream that came from him when the... thing appeared out of nowhere and cracked open her lover's ribcage and pulled his still beating heart from his body.

No, that part of her died along with him.

The screams grew weaker and she knew what was next. This was the part she wanted. No. That was wrong. It was nothing as simple as that. She needed this. A means to an end.

Draven pulled away and bit his own wrist, pressing the ragged flesh to the mouth on the woman, muffling her sobs.

He would repeat this with the woman a few times before sending her to sleep in the ground. A few days later, she would rise, along with the others.

She thought back to her mistakes when she lured that red-haired vampire into the middle of her husbands slaves. She should have known better than to think that simply cutting him and letting them swarm over him wouldn't be enough. But she was desperate, thoughts of revenge blinding her to anything and everything.

As she watched the fight from above, she almost had two of them dead. But she under-estimated how weak and hunger driven the newborns were. They weren't turned properly.

But this new army...

While it came with a heavy price, this army would see them dead. Starting with the one who carried Colvin's heart in his chest.

She had sought out Draven, as he was a master vampire and was a friend of Colvin's. He agreed. Agreed to create a weapon of properly turned vampires.

Once again, the screams brought her back to the present. This one was the loudest yet, because the woman had vampire blood running through her. All her senses were magnified, including pain. Draven could make it pleasurable for her, but he was a sadist and loved the sounds of agony that he could rip from a body. Man, woman, it didn't matter.