Getting the Chance.

I know he did not just do that. Nothing can describe what i'm feeling right now, Why did he have to turn away? You know what, 'Fuck it.' House was walking back towards his desk until I grabbed his neck with both of my hands and our lips brushed. I can tell he was surprised and not expecting for me of all people to do that. But I am sick and tired of his games even though I technically said this was a game, but right now I frequently didn't give care. His lips didn't move for a couple seconds until he put his arms hands on my waist and pushed me forward bringing our lips closer together. This moment, this exact moment, was like something out of a story book. A minute comes by and he pushes a little harder and has more force on my lips. Which I didn't expect but I could tell cause I felt him smile. I put my arms around his neck, and it was starting to get a little heated until we heard someone clear their voice behind us. House and I stepped away from each other so fast I thought I was gonna trip. It was House's best friend. I could tell on Wilsons face that he was excited and confused at what was happening between House and I. Now that he saw us hardcore making out, I feel like he's gonna ask us a lot of questions.

"Um, What just happened?" I stayed quiet until House spoke.

"She wanted this and I needed the action." He said to Wilson and winked at me. I gave him a dirty look and looked the other way, not staring at either of them.

"Looked pretty intense." Wilson expressed. I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks and I didn't know whether to look at House or not. So I took my chance and gave him a quick glance. His face was flushed and his forehead was a little sweaty, and mine was too. It was a little intense, not gonna lie.

"Well you know me, I always come prepared." House said and Wilson gave a slight chuckle. I had to get out there so I sprinted for the door and pushed the glass door in front of me. I quickly walked all the way into the clinic and went for an open exam room. I walked in, locked the door and sat down on the exam bed, processing what just happened. Not giving myself the appropriate breathing strategies in these kind of situations cause now all I can do is not breathe cause I just kissed House. House, the brilliant doctor who almost made me kill myself over my ex, saying such hurtful things for fun just to get a reaction out of people. I was in my own thoughts until I heard someone trying to open the door.

"With a Patient."

"Doubt it." Why? Why him? Why is it always him?

"Go away House." I say loud enough for him to hear out the door. Then the door opens and he walks in with a screwed up bobby pin. I looked at him and put my head back into my hands. He threw the bobby pin away and closed the door, I heard him lock it and my entire body went numb.

"If you're gonna leave my office after we just made out, at least make it an actual exit." He made his way over to where I was sitting and moved his cane to the left signaling for me to make room for him in which I did. He sat down and moved his cane in between his legs.

"That was a mistake." I kept looking at my hands and I lifted my eyes to see where House was looking at. He just stared at the wall, and I kept my composure with a straight face. But I knew deep down that it was a mistake.

"In ways, yes it was a mistake. But I know it was for the game. It wasn't real." I turned my head towards his. How could he think that it was part of the game? That was never part of my plan, This was all me.

"How could you think that this was part of the game? House you know I've... you know what, never mind. If you wanna think that it wasn't real, I'm not real, fine. Think what you want House. I can't do this anymore." I get up to leave until House grabs my hand. I was looking at his hand holding mine, I wiped a tear away then I turned my head to look back at him.

"Kallo. I don't know if you want this, but given the face that I am "a narcissistic ass" which is clever even for my liking. I am not the man you would wanna be with. I almost made you kill yourself cause I made a remark about your dead fiancé. That's who I am, a man who makes mistakes, a man with no heart as everyone keeps reminding me. A week, two weeks, a few months I will say something to drive you away and I know it will be my fault. The last time I had a girlfriend I let her go. I can't open up to another person if i'm  the same scene will repeat itself. So Kallo, tell me. Do you want someone who will ruin your future?" I was speechless. House just opened up to me. He tried to let go of my hand but i squeezed it, 'actions speaks louder than words in my opinion'  I thought.

"You will not ruin my future. You gave me a future by allowing me to be part of your team. And by the looks of it, it's pretty good. Having both of your fellowships fall for you. New record for any doctor." He gave a little 'hmph' then his face turned serious. "House, look at me. You saved my life. Given the fact you pushed me to that point but you pulled me back. Now allow me to save you." I brought my hand to his cheek and caressed him, his eyelids fluttered shut. We stayed like that for a couple of seconds. His hand crept up to mine, House took my hand in his, bringing it back to my side.

"I can't be saved." He stared into my eyes and I felt a tear crawl down my cheek. I felt him move from the patient chair to where I was standing. He wiped away my tear and I closed my eyes, not wanting to let him go. "I'm sorry."

House left and I just stood there. After about five minutes I left the exam room until I heard someone say my name.

"Kallo! Wait up!" It was Wilson. I stopped walking and I waited for him to catch up to me. "After you left, House told me he had to talk to you. Did you guys talk it through?" I felt more tears come down my face, but I acted strong and held them back.

"Yeah we talked. I don't think it's gonna work Wilson. He's damaged and he won't let me save him. Excuse me." I walked through the front of the clinic, allowing myself to get sucked into this dark hole again. I went through the main doors of the hospital. I saw my car and quickly got inside it. Why does this always happen to me?