🦋C H A P T E R. 3🦋

Picture: https://pin.it/1Fx7B2R
Or https://twitter.com/mmo_omm938/status/1227810873059594240?s=20 By @mmo_omm938 on Twitter.

Hello and welcome to chapter 3 of "I need you now" :D
(This chapter corresponds to Kou's first appearance )
Title: "Boy you never should have done that."
(I ran out of title ideas lol)

Psychological fact: When someone cries tears of joy, the first teardrop would always come from the right eye.
Tears of pain start from the left.

⚠️Warnings!⚠️
This chapter contains venting about bullying and "The Call of the Void".
Readers discretion is advised.

***
Previously:

"I will do it!" She exclaims with no hesitation in her voice the fierce determination in her eyes makes the spirit startled.
The Mokke start to cheer.

(Timeskip)

"So you got a bad day am I right? And some jerks even dared to attack you?" Hanako demands, healing a wound on Yashiro's arm who was sitting on Hanako's favorite spot. She nods with tears in her eyes, it hurts, a lot.

***

There was an awkward silence as Hanako kept concentrate on healing the wound. A soft green light had made its way towards Yashiro, the color reflecting in her eyes like a mirror. Once it reaches her arm, she felt a gentle touch patting her arm as if it was telling her that everything was going to be okay.
Seconds later, it dissolves as fast as it appeared, taking the wound and pain with it.

Yashiro stares at her now clean arm, there were now no wounds which to feel hurt from but she was still feeling as miserable as ever.
She stares at it for a good minute before shaking a lot and when the ghost reaches his hand to her, she sobs and throws herself at him, locking her hands on the back of his neck and whimpering next to his cheek.

Hanako rubs Yashiro's back with one of his hands, drawing a circle pattern as Yashiro continues to sob on him.
The spirit continues to rub her back while whispering reassuring things.

"Hanako is a spirit, he's already dead. He doesn't have anybody heat but even with this in the head...
He always makes me feel warm and welcome."

Some minutes later, Yashiro calmed down. She straightened her body slowly while wiping the tears left.
"I'm sorry I jumped on you like that Hanako-kun." Yashiro apologizes. "I wasn't thinking when I've done that." The spirit shook his head.
"Nah that's alright, plus I always have room for free hugs!" He smiles. "Thought why did you call me 'Hanako-kun'? I thought it was  'Hanako-san'?" He raises an eyebrow as Yashiro crosses her arms tightly around her chest, glancing everywhere but at Hanako while blushing furiously.

"Well uh... You see I kinda thought that referring you as 'Hanako-san' while we are friends is a bit too formal so yeah!" Yashiro shifts weight from side to side, showing she was embarrassed.
"Friends huh?" Hanako mumbles under his breath with a completely blank expression.
"Is something wrong?" She asks, staring at his amber eyes.
"No, it's just that this felt nostalgic..." Hanako giggles, making Yashiro chuckles as well.

I guess happiness is kind of contagious?

"Um, Hanako-kun?" The human suddenly turns nervous, as she one of her arm crosses her body to hold her other arm.
"Yes, what do you need?" The spirit gave her a smile, as he opens his arms like he was asking her for a hug.
"Can I vent about something?" Her shoulders were tensed up but she still approaches the ghost.
"Of course! That's what friends are for right?" He backs away on the windowsill, sitting down. Yashiro did the same but instead of sitting across him, she sits on the same side of Hanako's.