fifteen: reality

. . . 29/APR/2020 2:04PM
"Ya know, if you hadn't of ditched us when we went shopping for this festa we wouldn't have this problem." I rolled my eyes at Ludovica as the girl rummaged through my wardrobe and Chiara and I scrolled through our phones out of boredom, laying on my bed.

"Ludo, I really am not keen on going. You guys go, it's not about me, the exchange student." Chiara sat up at this statement of mine.

"Oh my God, shut up! You're obviously coming! I don't care what you say." Chiara and I haven't spoken much lately since she told me about her and Niccolo. It was nice to hear she actually wanted me to go, despite my resentment towards the thought of attending this school's dance. "Let's quickly head to the outlets, they're only an hour away, and we'll pull something together." She smiled warmly at me before standing up and pulling my arm with her.

Ludo clapped her hands at this and skipped out of the room, down the hall. Chiara and I waltzed slowly towards my door before hearing Ludovica's voice down the hall. We shared a quick, knowing, look with one another before taking off down the hall. I wasn't sure if I hoped it was Cami or Niccolò.

"So," Chiara and I peered around the corner that turned into the hallway from my secluded bedroom, seeing Ludo's short figure speaking up to the tall Niccolò Rossi. "Chi sei portare alla festa? (Who are you bringing to the formal?)"

Oh no. She's speaking Italian. She clearly is trying to avoid my hearing of this at all costs.

"Non importa, Ludovica. (It doesn't matter, Ludovica.)"

"Allora, non ti preoccupi che Isabella sia andare con mio cugino, Alexandro? (So, you don't care that Isabella is going with my cousin Alexandro?)"

"No ma-! Che cazza fai, Ludo! (No but-! What the fuck are you doing, Ludo!)"

Oh my goodness, she can't be doing this right now.

"Solo-"

"Ludo andiamo adesso." Chiara whipped around the corner as if she was walking out of her room. I felt that I needed to follow so I did, looking shy as ever. This was not me.

I tried to ignore Niccolò's face but his stare was burning a hole on the top of my head. I looked into his eyes and he had a subtle glare set upon his lashes. What was his deal?

I ignored it and, with an almost silent scoff, motioned you Ludovica. "Come on, andiamo. (Let's go)" pushing past Niccolò as we exit.

I really was not eager to see him later on.

Sorry, I'm going with who? What is Ludo saying?! And why is she teasing him like this? I have to stop it.

. . .

"Isa, I'm sorry!" Ludovica pleaded, "I just want you to move on from Nicco, even though you would make an amazing couple, but seriously Alexandro is such a nice boy-"

"Ludo, I really don't care, I forgive you, but I don't want to go with anyone." I paused for a second, "Because I don't have anyone to move on from, it's as simple as that." Ludo decided it was best not to say anything, which surprised me considering her stubborn personality.

We had made it to the outlets and were marching at high speeds towards my Chiara's favourite boutique. Some Italian name that I couldn't recall. 

I was not interested in anything around me, no dress or outfit grabbing my attention. Noticing my two friends had skipped off to shop for themselves, I decided to browse on my phone. An unusual notification popped up; Snapchat from Niccolo Rossi, an hour ago. Huh? I don't even use Snapchat. Nonetheless, I opened the message out of curiosity.

NICCOLO
What happened to our conversation we meant to having this morning?

Almost ignoring the message, I laughed at his english. My mind diverted back to his message. Fuck. I forgot I needed to talk to him.

ME
- Sorry I forgot and went to school early. We can talk later?

He replies almost instantly, it kind of scared me.

NICCOLO
Too late, Im parking my car at the outlets.

ME
- wtf
ME
- why? How did you even know we are here?

NICCOLO
- Ludo's posting it all over instagram lmao

ME
- ugh just go home. Vai!

NICCOLO
- no
NICCOLO
- cya soon

I groaned internally and ran a frustrated hand through my hair. Why is he like this? I am not emotionally prepared to talk to him right now.

"Bella! Why are you just standing around!" Chiara called out, walking over to me in a hurry. I almost felt a bit guilty, they did bring me here for myself after all.

"Sorry Chia, I am just not really feeling it." I shrugged in a saddened tone. I didn't mean to sound sad or down, my mouth just did it of its own accord. I could not stand it when people would talk like that, it sounds so attention seeking and I hate it. She gave me a small smile, acknowledging that I wasn't in the mood and understanding.

"How did you guys go thou- Ludo what the fuck?" I cut myself off as I see Ludovica approaching us with multiple dresses stacked in her arms

"Okay here you are! Try these three." She handed me 3 extremely different styled outfits. There was a blue one so I immediately said no to that one. The other two were okay, a deep orange tight dress and a black dress.

"Allora." I sighed before turning around, the two dresses in arm and entered the dressing room. I hopped inside of the black dress and didn't even bother showing the girls, yelling out a quick "disgusting" before stripping it off. I looked at the orange one, half naked, analysing it. It really is beautiful. I slipped it on, struggled to do up the zip but eventually got there and looked in the mirror. I decided to show Chiara and Ludovica.

"I don't know guys, maybe I should try the size up or someth-" I cut myself off once again, but this time I refused to speak. How in the hell did he get here?

"Hey beautiful."

Oh. My. God.

a/n
guys I am so so so sorry for this awful chapter and don't worry, I will have a reality chapter 16, so don't freak out haha.
i am also so sorry about the wait, I live in Australia and have been back and forth between real school and online school almost 3 times now so that has been a struggle!
Anyway, I am back and going to continue this book til the end so don't go anywhere!

until next time
-coco