Chapter 5: Morgan

"Grimeus wants results, like any leader," the vampire announced. "And we will provide them."

"Your rituals aren't working," the Shadow reminded.

"You sound surprised," the third individual spat. "And I wouldn't try to do something impossible anymore if you want an army to attack with."

"Just because you have dragon blood, Artherus, does not mean you are a dragon yourself," the vampire dismissed. "What the hell do you know?"

"More than you, vampire," Artherus growled. "Dragons are not just creatures that can be summoned like demons from Hell. They have emotions, feelings, and power none of us can begin to comprehend."

"Oh, stop," the Shadow groaned.

"It's true!" Artherus warned. "Why do you think you've failed at controlling them?"

"We aren't trying hard enough, that's why," the vampire snapped. "Now, stop."

"My gods, does Grimeus actually allow such arrogance?" asked Artherus. "He won't appreciate your failure."

"As though you have contributed to his cause," the Shadow denied. "That is if you count whining and complaining."

"Well, since I seem to be the only rational one here, I will just leave," Artherus declared. He angrily stood up from his chair and walked off.

"Maddy, can you capture their faces?" I instructed.

I saw Maddy look at the boy's face, and then the vampire and Shadow. Her eyes widened when she looked back to me.

"We should report to Commander Coleen," she warned. "These three individuals are very, very dangerous, and very, very powerful."

"They must be," I agreed. "Can you get us back there?"

"Absolutely," Maddy answered. "Alear."

The six of us stepped through the portal, into Commander Coleen's office at Knight's Watch. Her eyes widened when she saw all of us appear before her. Connor, Ruth, and Zephyr were there, too.

"I'm guessing your mission was a success," she said.

"Yes, ma'am," I reported.

"I captured images of potential persons of interest," Maddy informed, then she projected the images of the vampire, Shadow, and boy we saw underground.

"That's impossible, I...," said Yrathra, then she pointed to the vampire and said, "I killed him."

She then pointed to the Shadow and said, "My father killed him."

"What about the kid?" asked Connor.

"He's Dragonborn," Penny blurted.

"He's what?" Zephyr whispered.

The aura that the boy gave off was an aura of darkness and fire, like how Penny's was of light and fire, like their respective kinds of dragons' auras would be. One of his parents was a dark-scaled dragon.

"If I may," Maddy interrupted. "The vampire is Lennix, the leader of the Frost Legion, which was an army of vampires that were the predominant threat to Aetherian during the Third Great War. He is also the brother of Kazimir. The Shadow is known only as 'Mamba', and is the leader of a group of Shadows known as the House of Serpents, the most widespread group of Shadows in existence. This boy, however, is in no database. The only thing known for sure about him is what Penny has already stated. Like her, he is, in fact, Dragonborn. Other than that, all we know is that his name is 'Artherus'."