1 |The Marabout's 1000 Profound Steps.[Like Wildfire...]

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

AsSalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh! Welcome to Book One Part One Endings...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That's the number five and number six ranked among the Mureeds! They're the fiercest competitors among the Nine Mureeds!

What does all this have to do with the Marabout's 100 years quest though? This is scheming in open daylight!"

"Subhanallah! This face-off just got a whole lot interesting! I can't believe the newbie who just arrived in SLH is stirring our school's hornet's nest!

Competition is fierce among students here in SLH as everybody wants to be at the top! But among the Mureeds, it's even more fierce!! Does he think he can stand their brawl!?"

"Tsk.tsk. Sayyidul Quraa is indeed a noble title, but here in SLH, without anything to prove for it he's just like anyone of us!

Elder brother Ali is right to ask him that point, if not he has no right to challenge Sinan like that! Shameless!"

The students didn't know this but the summit had ended about a while ago even before the confrontation had started, and a number of scholars had already found their way to the Myriad Circle Hall. The hall had a flight of stairs one could ascend from the outside and descend inside the hall, through the second level of opened door-sized windows. Most scholars had found it a tiresome innovation, though it was made to allow easier segregation of the scholars from the overwhelming number of students. It also provided a dramatic means of entrance, commanding attention whenever they arrived.

But in this instance, it failed its purpose. No student saw them enter. All eyes were in one direction, away from them.

It provided one benefit though; they had enough time to assess the entire situation upon the stairs without being noticed. Having come to meet the queer sudden silence and intermittent commotion, all sounding at once from about a distance to the hall, they had entered promptly, but stopped in their tracks upon the stairs, to watch the events unfold.

It was wise not to jump onto any conclusion before grasping a hold of the situation first.

"What does all this have to do with the 100 years old Quest?"Abdul Bâqi laughed,"Elder brother, if you've anything to say, please say it plainly. I don't speak in cryptic language and underhanded intentions."

But who next answered him, was not Ali..

"Outrageous! By what right do you have to show insubordination to your superiors and insult a Doyen's apprentice."

The heavy voice sounded at the hall's threshold, by which everyone turned their heads to see some of the scholars descending. In front of them was Sinan's master himself! The Doyen Sheikh Tariq!

A tall man of wizened appearance and many white hairs, bearing the demeanour of sagehood and high authority approached them. It seemed he would never go anywhere without being given the utmost attention and respect!

This was the first time in the whole affair that Abdul Bâqi had felt such insurmountable pressure. He actually could feel his thumping heart at his throat. He hadn't thought the scholars would arrive so soon, and even if they did, he hoped his master would be already by his side to hear him out. Without his master, he didn't know how the other scholars would take it, especially his opponent's master!