4

Although he was already back on the safety of the rooftop, Peter refused to let go of Deadpool's hand.

"'Pool, I.."

"Sweetums, if you feel uncomfortable we don't need to talk about it."

An awkward silence ensued, which was rare considering that Peter was with the infamous Merc with a Mouth. He could see that Wade was trying to refrain from saying anything brash.

Wade opened his mouth and spoke gingerly, "You know, when you called me 'Wade' I kinda already guessed..."

"That I was Spiderman?"

"Yeah."

"You must feel really disappointed in me, huh."

"What? Pete, why would I be disappointed?"

"That your hero, your role model, the amazing Spider Man was a depressed, suicidal bag of shi-"

"No one's perfect, sweetcheeks. Everyone struggles with something. You see me? I'm fucking insane and ugly as hell. You may not be perfect, Petey, and that's okay. You can get better. I know you can."

Peter stared up at the merc with tears in his eyes.

"Since when did you get so serious?" The shorter forced a laugh, and rubbed at his glistening eyes. Deadpool grins.

"So, what do you say, baby boy? Do you wanna try?" He tilted his head towards the nearby rooftop exit.

Peter paused, then scrunched his eyebrows together and nodded determinedly, tightening his grip on the other's hand.

"Yeah."