Boyfriend

Authors Note: I realized now that I literally just stopped referring to them as Mom and Dad and just continued referring to them as Mr. and Mrs. Pines.

Dipper was sitting in a field of geraniums. He was much older. Even older than in his dream from last night. He was a full on adult. He was still relatively awkward though. He looked out and saw a beautiful girl sitting in the field, but she was surrounded by roses. Her hair was done up with ribbons, and she looked up at Dipper and smiled. Dipper quickly realized that it was Pacifica, but an adult like him. He saw her start to cry. What was wrong? He wanted to run out to her, he wanted to hug her and kiss her and make sure everything was okay. They both slowly morphed into awkward preteen versions of themselves. Pacifica was still crying, except now she was wearing a purple dress and Dipper was now wearing an uncomfortable tux. They morphed once again, and were now their regular, 5 year old selves. Pacifica wasn't crying anymore, but she was teary eyed, and they were both wearing their pajamas from their sleepover. Dipper felt so bad. He realized he really did care for her, he didn't want her to feel so bad. He really did want to hug her. And maybe even let her kiss him, if she wanted to. It was just like Mabel said. He was basically in love now, so he has to become Pacifica's Boyfriend. And now I guess Pacifica can also be his girlfriend, if she wants to. He wasn't exactly sure what he was feeling, but it was weird. A strong pressure on his chest. Really strong. Suffocating-

Dipper woke up to Mabel sitting on top of him.

"Good morning, bro bro, how was your sleep?"

"I'm Pacifica's boyfriend now!" Dipper jumped up and ran into the living room.

"Okay?" Dipper ran up to his mom and practically begged to let Pacifica over.

"Please, please, PLEASE can she come over? Please!"

"Alright, alright. I'll invite the girls over."

"I don't care about the other girls, just make sure Pacifica comes over as soon as possible!" He marched back up into the attic where Mabel was working on a scrapbook of her favorite summer memories.

"I'm going to need all the glitter you've got."

When Pacifica finally got to their house, she immediately rushed up the stairs to greet Dipper. When she nearly ran face first into Dipper, who was rushing to meet her for whatever reason.

"Pacifica, look what I made you!" It was a card that said said 'Will you be my girlfriend' in glitter.

"I knew it I knew it I knew it! You liked me the whole time!" They grabbed each other's hands and walked around the whole Mystery Shack. When there was nothing left to do, they decided to do something with Mabel and her friends. At the moment, they were playing Truth or Dare. They had mostly done silly things so far, like doing the chicken dance or trying to get Great Uncle Stan's glasses. They went back and forth between themselves, until finally Mabel asked Dipper.

"Uh.." he really didn't want to play this game. "I choose...don't."

"That's not a real option!" The girls complained.

"Yeah it totally is, truth dare or don't. The don't is silent, that's why you guys didn't know it until now.

"Dipper is crazy smart, so it's probably true." Mabel reasoned. Either way, Dipper was just glad he didn't have to participate. Eventually, more and more of the girls started choosing don't, until they all fell asleep, right there in a circle. Mrs. Pines walked in, covered them all in some blankets, and called there parents to let them stay the night.

The next morning Dipper and Pacifica were especially excited. They held hands practically the whole day and would only hang out with each other. They talked about what they wanted to be when they grow up and Dipper finally learned why Pacifica cared a lot about how she looks. She says her mom told her that being pretty is everything, and no one will love her if she's not pretty. That's why she kept asking Dipper is he would like if her if she was ugly, she didn't want her boyfriend to stop liking her one day. She never even got to hear the real story of the ugly duckling. Upon hearing that, Dipper decided that it was his job to tell her the story. They found an old story book holding up a bookcase somewhere, and luckily the ugly duckling was in it. They were both sat on Dipper's bed reading her the story.

"Wow. So duckling was actually beautiful the whole time? And they just didn't know it because it was different? That's so much better than the one my mom tells me."

"Yeah, all of these old story books are full of themes. Let's keep reading." They ended up spending the entire day just reading a bunch of stories, while all of the adults in the house were trying to fix Stan's bookcase that was missing a leg.

When it was time for Pacifica to go home, her parents ran up to quickly get her out of there. If she didn't throw a tantrum every time she wanted to come over, they would probably make her stay home. They didn't like her hanging around with poor people for too long. Before they grabbed her, she gave Dipper a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, which made his face very red. Even though he agreed to be her boyfriend now, he still got embarrassed. Her parents just rolled their eyes. They already knew that Pacifica was obsessed with him. She talked about him all the time. They especially didn't like her having a crush on a poor person, but she was still a child. They decided that once Dipper leaves, then they would crack down on the visits to poor people. Anyways, now they managed to grab Pacifica off the shy little Dipper and carry her back to the limo. The whole car ride all she would talk about was Dipper.

"Dipper said he would be my boyfriend now! For real! He even holds my hand!"

"You know, Dipper saved me! Twice! He's, like, a really good boyfriend."

"Can I go back to Dipper's house tomorrow? Their Great Uncle Stan is throwing a town party! Please?" She started to doze off in the car at this point.

"Dipper is the best boyfriend ever, I'm probably going to have to marry him soon." Pacifica fell asleep right after she said that. Her parents rolled their eyes once more. They knew this would be Dipper and Mabel's last summer here for a while. Pacifica would get over her little puppy love and stop hanging out with the riff raff soon enough.