Chapter 10

So, this is the final chapter, mainly because, in regards to an elaborate engagement and wedding along with kids, I did that in Feelings and I have Family and Future for their adventures with Carlos and Mei-Li, so I figured this would be an appropriate place to end. Hope you all enjoyed!

The Tuesday after Memorial Day was when both Melendez and Lim returned to work. The two surgeons entered St. Bonaventure and took a good look around the place. It was nothing like it was after the earthquake; it was calmer, as a calm as a hospital could be, and they were grateful to be entering as doctors and not patients, "Well, I have a lot of work to do today," said Lim.

"I'm sure I do as well," said Melendez.

"I better go find Andrews and have him catch me up on everything he did and didn't cover while I was away," said Lim. She leaned in to kiss Melendez, "Have a good day."

"You too," said Melendez.

It turned out that Glassman called both surgeons to the main conference room, and when they both arrived, there was a sign that read 'Welcome Back Dr. Melendez and Dr. Lim' along with a cake, "I know it's a small gesture, but I figured you both deserved something," said Glassman.

"We appreciate it, sir," said Lim, helping herself to some cake.

"How are you feeling?" asked Park.

"Pretty good," said Melendez, "Still a little sore sometimes, and we have to take it easy every now and then, but never better."

"Okay, something is going on," said Morgan.

"What do you mean?" asked Lim, trying to suppress a huge smile.

"Dr. Melendez has that love sick idiot look on his face and you look extremely happy too," said Morgan.

"They'll find out eventually," said Lim. The couple turned to everyone and Lim announced, "We're engaged."

Everyone was surprised, but they all smiled and congratulated the couple, "Dr. Lim, why don't you have an engagement ring?" asked Shaun, "Did Dr. Melendez not present one to you when he proposed to you?"

"I couldn't because she asked me to marry her," Melendez laughed, "Guess I'll have to buy her one."

"Well congratulations," said Andrews.

"We're all happy for you," said Park.

Claire forced a smile and said, "Congratulations Dr. Melendez, Dr. Lim," she said, a slight hint of bitterness in her voice.

Lim nodded politely. Glassman dismissed everyone and they all went their separate ways. After a long day, Melendez and Lim went back to his place and Lim took some Tylenol for the slight discomfort, making sure not to take more than the recommended dosage since she still had to monitor drug intake. She sat down next to Melendez on the couch and the couple put their feet up before Melendez said, "I forgot how exhausting being a surgeon is."

"I missed it though," admitted Lim. She took his hand and said, "Just think, we get to spend the rest of our lives doing this. Lying around and doing nothing."

"Mm. That's the best kind of relationship though," said Melendez. The couple stayed silent before Melendez said, "Let's get married next month."

"What?" Lim glanced over at her fiancé in astonishment.

"I said let's get married next month," Melendez clarified.

"But…but…why the rush?" asked Lim.

"If it's anything I learned with my near death experience, it's that I don't want to take my life or all of the important people and things in it for granted. And I don't want to waste too much time being your fiancé. I want to be your husband," said Melendez.