Chapter 8

"Ow!" I yell. A few looked people looked over in my direction but they quickly returned to their activities. I rubbed my nose hoping whoever I bumped into would turn around and apologize for standing in the middle of the hallway. The figure turned around and I just sighed. Of all the people I ran into it had to be Josh? I attempted to quickly run away but was stopped when Josh grabbed my arm. 

        "Hey, wait a minute." Josh mumbled. I turned to him and glared. 

        "If you're going to have the audacity to talk to me after what you did then at least speak up." I loosened my arm from his grip and turned away, trying not to be late for History. 

         "Look, I'm sorry, what I did wasn't right and I don't know why I did that." Josh lowered his head and sighed. I turned around again, this time annoyed because his sorry wasn't even worth accepting. 

        "It wasn't acceptable at all!" I yelled, "no matter who it is you always need consent, and you didn't even bother to make sure I was okay with it. You just assumed that I wanted it. I haven't even known you for a week." tears started to fall down my face as I slowly just stopped talking. I looked at the ground with teary eyes, not even wanting to make eye contact with Josh. "I need to get to class we can deal with this later." I whispered as I turned around and slowly made my way to class. 

        The day went by really fast, because the next thing I know it's already lunch time. I made my way to the bathroom, remembering I was in too big of a rush to pack my lunch and I didn't have friends to talk to, to pass the time. I went into one of the empty stalls and locked the door. I pulled out my phone and opened one of my games, geometry dash. About every five minutes or so I would have to close the app because of how frustrated I would get with it. 

        The bell finally signaled that lunch was over and it was time to get to classes. I put my phone back into my pocket and unlocked the stall door. I walked out of the restroom and made my way down the hall, dreading the fact I had math. I could just skip, but Josh has already seen me today and he would find it suspicious. I grunted and walked into the class. The girls in the class just glared at me. Apparently they had found out that Josh had kissed me. I could've made them all jealous by saying that he was my soulmate, but I figured they wouldn't believe me and that would have just made them even more angry with me. 

        Josh took attendance and started the lesson. I didn't pay attention, considering I don't really care for math. I laid my head down on my desk and closed my eyes. I must have fallen asleep because I was awoken by Josh yelling for me to wake up. I cursed the whole stupid talk to your soulmate in your head ordeal. I groaned and sat up. I practically shot daggers into the back of Josh's head. He must've felt me glaring at him because he shivered. The rest of the lesson went on and I just leaned back on my chair and started to daydream while staring up at the ceiling.