04 | strategy

— QUEEN'S BANE —

QUEEN'S BANE

I'M SORRY
I DON'T TAKE ORDERS
FROM STUPID PEOPLE
WHO ASSUME THEY'RE
ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY

     THEY ARRIVED AT SOME SORT of deserted fortress, which Jamie assumed was Aslan's how

     THEY ARRIVED AT SOME SORT of deserted fortress, which Jamie assumed was Aslan's how. It looked like your average earth ruin, but it was indeed a treasury inside.

     Centaurs lined up at either side of the entrance to the how, carrying their swords high up as a welcome. They proceeded to walk inside as Caspian shows then around. "It may not be what you are used to, but it is defensible. "

     "Peter," Susan calls out. "You may want to see this." Probably wondering what it could be, Peter walks towards her, the rest following suit. It lead them into a passage where drawings and cravings of the past were etched on the stone walls. "Its us."

     "This place looks like a Dawn of Mankind archaeological site from the third century." Jamie noted, whispering to herself, though it came off louder than she had expected since they were technically underground.

     "Well that's very specific." Edmund mutters beside me. Ignoring him, Jamie continued to look closely at the drawings on the wall, observing the patterns.

     "What is this place?" Lucy asks.

     "You don't know?" An amused Caspian wonders out loud as he looks back at the clueless royals. Grabbing the nearest torch to his left, he passes by them and illuminates the rest of the passage, which lead to an underground room. Lighting the room with his torch, the room revealed to be what seemed like Aslan's stone table.

     Where he was prophesied to die for a son of Adam. Jamie thought. Glancing between Peter and Edmund, she wondered which one of them was the one who betrayed his siblings. Biting her lip, Jamie decided to keep quiet about that fact instead.

     Approaching the stone table that was cracked in the middle, Lucy caresses it with the palm of her hand. "He must know what he's doing." She says, turning to Susan.