Chapter V: Raging Possession

Drake had no idea whether to be excited, or disappointed, or even afraid of what the new board was. For his condition was depleting his own life consecutively so he had to do what was best for him. Little Marie, who had no idea what the board was either, set the game up for her own friend. However she knew the rules by looking at a piece of paper with the procedures and guides.

“Marie, is this even a game?” asked Drake with confusion.

“Of course it is. Drake.” Said Marie with some humor.

“Do you even know what the objective is?”

“Ummm” said Marie as she scanned through the rules even though her excitement got the best of her. “I don’t know but we’ll try it.”

Marie then put the glass on top of the board and looked at Drake. 

“It says to put your finger on top of the tip.” Said Marie as she read the guide. “So I guess that it will be your turn first.”

“Okay” said Drake with nervousness running up through his lifeless body.

“Now, you have to ask it a question Drake.”

Drake put up a fake laugh to ridicule the game’s logic and then looked at the board.

“Ask who?” asked Drake.

“Ask the game silly? Just say how are you or something.”

“Uh, hello!” said Drake nervously.

After a moment of silence, Marie read through the guide and saw Drake’s confusion.

“Well it doesn’t say to greet it, but it does say ask it a question.” Said Marie.

Drake then took a breath and then stared at the glass he was holding with his finger.

“Uh, are you there?”

Once again there was a moment of silence. Drake and Marie had no idea what the game was about. They did nothing at all but think about the game’s logic. Suddenly the cup slid towards the corner that said “hello”. Marie was still reading the scrap paper with the rules on them.

“Marie” said Drake with a shocked reaction.

“Yes Drake.”

“Marie…..the cup….it moved! Is there something that pulled it?”

“Oh you must have slipped” laughed Marie who did not realize she ignored his nervousness.

“No Marie! That cup just slip by itself or there is something under the board!”

Marie saw the board that was only slim and flat and could not find out what pulled the cup by itself.

“Look Drake, it’s nothing. Why don’t you ask it another question?” said Marie to Drake.

“Um, can you tell us what to do? Because we have no idea what this is about!” Said Drake who still was confused whether to be excited about the game or afraid of it. Again there was silence in the room. 

“Marie, can you just turn on the TV again?” asked Drake politely.

Marie picked up the remote but the clicker did not work. There was no response from the signal, not even static.

“Well it must be the batteries now!” said Marie with a quick excuse.

“That’s strange, my parents changed them the minute before they left for me!” contradicted Drake whose finger was still on the tip of the cup. The cup then moved to the corner that said “yes”. Drake’s heart jumped faster when he felt the unknown force move it.