Chapter III: Evil Following

Alan Harkison did not let the recent words she just said go. He quickly processed them and realized how odd it was for a human to at least call him “Harkison”. His title was the Dark Exorcists but only god knew what she learned about the other dimension and Alan himself.

“What did you just say?”  asked Alan rudely pulling out his dual palm blades.

“I…I uh….” Stuttered the girl again.

“She comes unarmed Alan!” said Nebula.

“Calm down Alan, lets be the nice and proper host to this young girl right here!” said Limbo when he jumped on front of the little girl. Nebula then went to her and kneeled down to see her face. She then stared at the little girl’s shy eyes and said calmly “She came all the way here for you, but with a heart that was disturbed by something”.

Nebula then touched her face with her soft hands and rubbed her cheek.

“What is your name little girl?” asked Nebula to soften the girl’s shyness with a smile.

“Marie….Marie Quinn” replied the girl. 

“Why are you here?”  asked Nebula with concern. Suddenly Alan’s palm blades expelled through the trees and branches swiftly. Alan’s face then reflected aggressiveness and the dark of the soul. “What the hell are you things doing out here? Go back to where you dolls are damned!” screamed Alan who faces his palms at the freaks that clutched onto the trees. There are about one, three, five, and then twelve of them that stalked the people. Limbo turned around and saw the freaks feeling confused by their appearance and shocked by the unnatural presence of those beings. The freaks still stood still at their positions.

“Freaks? What are they doing in this dimension?” asked Limbo with fear and adrenaline rushing through him. Alan then only laughed it all out closing his eyes.

“Games I see, well then, it’s time to play it with them!” laughed Alan as he still continued to shoot at the freaks. Marie, Limbo, and Nebula ducked underneath he blazing projectiles Alan shot. Many of the freaks dropped onto the ground violently. He swung his chained palm blades to slice the remaining freaks that screamed in agony. As soon as the freaks disappeared Limbo stated 

“Alan, we don’t even know how these things came into play, or what the hell is going on!”

“You’re damn right you fur ball!” said Alan when he immediately stared at Limbo with a smile “We don’t even know the rules of the game yet! But here is the fun part, since Marie brought her little lambs in the game, we all can have her tell us a nice story about what the hell was she messing with!”

After he finished his own statement, Alan grabbed Marie’s hand and dragged her into the house. He then shut the door and began looking through the window to see if there were any more freaks around and there were. More accumulated around the house and watched Marie and Alan’s companions in the house. Limbo’s stance was the form of an aggressive cat whose claws deployed from the paws. Alan then stood on front of Marie and then questioned her.

“Marie…. What did you do to trigger those things?” asked Alan Harkison.

“I….I don’t know….” Said Marie with fear which resulted in Alan’s hand that slapped her face. The sound of the slap went through Limbo’s ears and to Nebula’s as well. Limbo turned to Alan and said

“What the hell Alan…. For god’s sake she’s a little girl!”

Marie’s face was looking away from Alan but he took her chin and made her face his eyes. Nebula’s depression increased as Marie’s stress skyrocketed. 

“Well clearly…. ‘I don’t know’ doesn’t mean that you are innocent. Those things out there are dolls and slaves of a demon that you would see in another dimension. Now their asses wouldn’t be out there if you didn’t do anything! So what did you do?” said Alan harshly on front of Marie. There was a long pause between his harsh lecture and her passive moods.

“Answer me!” commanded the Dark Exorcist that forced Marie to shiver in fear.

“Alan that’s enough!” screamed Limbo. “Let her speak! Maybe she will be able to say something if you weren’t that harsh to her!” 

Alan stood up to Limbo and then screamed at him “Oh, okay, so I should not worry about a case when a lonely little girl knows my name and our location and her little god damn friends that she bought from hell! Yeah so lets all be eternally damned like I already am! I hope you are ready to burn in hell!”

Marie then screamed holding her ears and then shrieked “Stop it, stop it!”. The freaks then retreated from Marie’s reaction and ran to the darkness.  Marie then collapsed but Nebula caught her before her head reached the floor. Nebula then held Marie on her arms and put her on the couch to place her in a comfortable position; for she knew how much stress she has been through.

“She came in contact with a demon.” Said Nebula calmly as she rubbed Marie’s face in a motherly passion. 

“Well that’s quite obvious.” said Alan to Nebula. Nebula then began to shiver and twitch. 

“It’s not something that we are familiar with!” said Nebula when she looked at the Dark Exorcist. “But it’s familiar with you!”

Alan then felt mildly surprised by the brief information he just heard from Nebula’s calm voice.

 “Nebula, can you identify the creature?” asked Limbo.

“There is too much that plagued her soul. I cannot read much!” replied Nebula.

 “You said that she came unarmed.” Said Alan when he sat down on a chair. 

“I could not sense them, what ever she brings cannot be predicted.” Concluded Nebula. “I doubt that she brought them intentionally.”

Limbo then jumped up on the couch and stared at Marie’s face that was full of sweat.

 “Well Nebula I can’t blame you for that, besides maybe Alan’s suspicions do matter. Next thing you know she could be a rolling stone.” Said Limbo as he laid down.

“But a rolling stone gathers no moss!” Alan added to the statement. 

“But something caused the stone to roll Alan. What ever Nebula could not identify, the unknown demon should be considered. We need to overlook this. If that thing has a strange interest in you, this is bad…really bad!”

Alan then replied to Limbo “Stop being a scaredy cat you fur ball. Besides we need to wait until she wakes up!”