"Jade."

//ASHTON//

It's been a bit over a week since I was ripped from Jade's apartment door. She hasn't answered my calls and I found out why. Gemma. The photos of that night are all over the web. I sit in bed and scratch my chin, I dare mysef to look her up. Into Google I type her name and see the images and articles. Her bloodshot eyes, dancing and drinking. Good girl gone bad is a majority of headlines. I go through some articles that slander Jade as unspeakable words, I rub my eyes in disbelief at some of the people Jade is hanging with. They're all skeevy, strange guys, glazed and hungry looks as they grip onto Jade. I go on Luke's Twitter and see that she posted that tonight she was going out to some club called The Estoria with some guy named Ethan. I need to explain to her that that night with Gemma was an accident. That I got drunk, that I'd never do anything like that again. Gemma doesn't mean anything to me and Jade didn't get the whole story. So I get changed and grab my keys

"Luke, Mike, Cal," I say as my hand grips the doorknob "I'm going out". Luke and Calum nod but Michael just ignores me, his thumbs rapidly going over the controls. Mikey was still mad at me over Jade, he was like a protective older brother.

//

I arrive at the Estoria and weave my way past the paparazzi before snaking into the club and to the bar, there I could get a clear view of the dance floor. I ordered a gin and tonic before turning around and scoping out the room. That's when I saw the blonde-brown locks and the dark doe eyes.

"Jade" I whisper. Her hands are above her head and she's twisting and turning with grace and beauty. That bar man taps my shoulder and I turn back to grab my drink. I take a sip as I continue to watch Jade move. I needed to keep my distance, keep watching then wait till she left. I tried planning what to say but I couldn't think; she was too breath-taking. I sat quiet as I finished my drink. I yearned to press my lips to hers, to feel the curve of her back, to hold my hands on her cheeks as I kissed her intently. I plucked up the courage to go a bit closer when I saw Ethan grab her wist and lead her to a back door. She stumbled, tripping slightly as he practically dragged her out. I followed them as fast as I could, ripping through the crowd as I got to the door I saw them exit through. I swung the door open as soon as I heard the first scream.

"No! Ethan! Get off me!" Jade's Northern accent screamed. I scanned the dark alleyway before seeing Jade pressed against the cold brick wall, Ethan up against her. One of his hands held her arms above her hair and the other furiously groped Jade's breasts. Before I could leap on the guy Jade raises her knee into his groin. He staggers back and lands on the opposite wall. Tears in her eyes Jade advances and raises her fist, punching him with as much force as she could muster in the nose. Her hit comes with results. Blood immediately starts to spurt out of the creep's nose as he slides down the wall and cowers next to the bin. Jade starts kicking him in the ribs and I have to restrain her from killing the guy. She screams words of abuse as I carry her out the alleyway to my car. I take off my coat and wrap it around her.

"Jade-" I begin as I start the engine

"Don't Ashton," she says; her voice tired ad weary "just take me home... please". I nod and drive to her apartment. The rest of the ride is silent before I park out front her flat. I get out the car and open her door for her and hold her quivering body all the way to the door. I turn to leave but she grips onto my arm

"Stay, please?" She asks. I nod again and we go inside.

"Where do I sleep?" I ask and she nods her head to her room. I follow her in and lie next to her. It's silent apart from Jade's occasional sob. I shuffle towards her and wrap my arm around her. She doesn't fight it. We just hold each other in silence and eventually she stops crying. I start to unfold what really happened between me and Gemma. When I finish Jade is still silent. She just hugs me tighter and nods into my neck. My eyelids grow heavy and I fall asleep, hearing the first words Jade's spoken for at least two hours.

"I know, I love you."