Chapter 5

How I imagine Maple playing the guitar and just vibing :) ^^^

The days turned to weeks and Maple spent most of her time painting her meadow. Her chromostisia which coupled Thorin's piercing silver eyes to the sound of petals gliding through a soft breeze and his voice to a light peachy pink colour, mixed with her artistic mind and transported her to a meadow where the light breeze carried peach coloured petals through the air that made her think of cherry blossom petals. Thorin's soft voice turned the sky pink which complimented the gliding petals and all she saw as she painted was him, all she heared was his voice and before she knew it she had painted a cherry blossomed meadow with a light pink sky and clouds. Two people lay amid the petaled floor surrounded my cherry blossom trees as they seemingly hovered and floated, the breeze lightly carrying them. His lemon scent never left her senses and she added gold tinted rain drops that danced with the soft breeze, landing on the petaled ground and their skinny skin, creating gold tints.

Spending days painting it, the image got clearer as she continued to spent more time with Thorin.

Thorin liked her company, he'd started clearing the seat beside him for her even though she mostly sat on the table facing him when she worked. Some days she'd bring her guitar and go to the first floor where she had made a sound proof mini art studio from the room that used to house extra books and equipment. Most days she'd spend hours buried there and come down with spots of paint lingering round her body. Then she'd sit on the table and sketch or use her laptop while they spoke.

Overtime, curiosity got the best of him and for the first time in over 7 years, he climbed the steps towards the maze of shelves and colourful walls on top floor. It looked like a whole different building as he took in the starry ceilings and colourful walls. Wondering round the maze, he searched for the ethereal girl amongst all the art and books that surrounded him. Spotting a door towards the very back corner of the top floor, he made his way to it and turned the handle.

Slightly opening it, he was met with the sounds of a melodious guitar riff and he grew more intruiged. Pulling the door wider and wider, little by little, a transfixed Maple came into view. Her eyes were closed as she sat on the floor, legs crossed, and a paintbrush between her lips. Taking in the music, she  relaxed and was transported into a world of colour with each note creating their own blend.

Surrounding her were different art works, each one as beautiful as the last, but not as beautiful as her. He liked watching the faces she made. The way her nose scrunched, the way she pressed her lips together as the music took over her. Her silky black hair bouncing around as she bopped her head to the sound of her riffs while she played "all along the watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix.

Scanning through the room, he also found a mini piano, a stereo and a bass scattered neatly round the room amongst paintbrushes of all sizes that sprawled around. Charcoal pencils, tin cans, floor pillows, mini canvases that were painted on or blank like the different array of papers, littered the room neatly. From the ceiling, hung a lightbulb that was too dim to illuminate the room, but the source of light came from the mini window that brought golden light that reflected over her hair and art works.

She looked heavenly.

"It's mostly a sharp dark blue." She said matter-of-factly once she senses his presence and removed the paintbrush from her mouth, eyes closed. "It's so prominent especially towards the end." She played the end of the song cooly and looked at him with smiling eyes.

Maple had found herself smiling more often these days. The pressure that once consumed her faded away.  Thorin had noticed it too as he spent time with her over the past few weeks. Her smiles were brighter and they came more often. He also noticed that she made eye contact more often now and he liked seeing her piercing blue eyes scan his face as his confidence grew around her.