CHAPTER 8

Machine Gun Kelly (MGK). Bloody Valentine.

Maple spent part the next week painting with a sudden rush of inspiration that had followed her over the past month. A once blank canvas now came to life with her second and third paintings.

Amidst the sparkly, dark midnight sky floated a bright pink bubble with shiny turquoise blue rings circling round it like the rings of Saturn with two elegant figures embracing within in. The white moonlight glow shone round the bubble as it  aligned with the moon and the figures gleamed and shone like glass, the colours bouncing of their bodies making them look otherworldly as gold dust fluttered across the midnight sky, dancing with the stars.

She  began her third painting with a golden yellow background which housed a pink, foggy void. Within that void were two familiar figures. One laying on top the other. Both barely dressed, the golden background pierced the void roughly like rays of amber sun causing their ethereal bodies to glisten like golden glass. Nothing bore them up, rather, they floated within the void embracing their new found intimacy as the lower figure laid his glistening hand against the shiny hair of the other figure whose head sat atop his chest. Their curls and curves defied gravity as they levitate within the void. Blue shooting stars sizzled across the golden backdrop like tiny raindrops that whisked through the air and they watched it all within their intimate embrace.

Thorin watched her work and paint through the weeks, marvelling at her faceless figures as their journeys came to life. They transfixed him.

Days would go by where he and Maple would sit in her mini art room or the corner table of the second floor where the light shone through and he would embrace her as she laid her head against his chest, listening to his indigo heartbeat as he read to her in all languages whether she understood it or not. They'd lay there together as time flew by and the world became a distant memory to them

******************************

Maple's POV

"...the spear point lodged between the ribs of a species of a North American bison that went exacting at the end of the Ice Age..."

Thorin's eyes sparkled with passion as he narrated a story about his past archeological site extractions. He sat on the chair, in his usual spot while I sat directly in front of him on the table, legs crossed as his arms circle round my torso and rubs my back, my hands twirling his soft blonde hair as I listen to him.

The early morning sun shone in the sky as the 10 am sun crept round the corner. We exchange thrilling life stories as the clock ticked on. Noon came along and Thorin suddenly stood and kissed me and I responded swiftly by circling my arms round his neck, deepening the kiss. He gently pulled away and brought his thumb to my lip and they parted, my tongue sticking slicking out to receive him. I  swirled my tongue round the tip of his thumb before he brought it all into my mouth then slowly removed it as I sucked, my teeth grazing it lightly as he eased it out.

He then placed both hands bend my back before leaning into my ear.
"I'm taking you somewhere today."

I looked at him eagerly. "And where would the be?"

"Follow me baby." His eyes glisten with mischief.

We get to his car but before I got inside a black cloth came round my eyes.

Leaning into my ear a pink voice whispered "No peaking" creating tingles and we got to the car and drove off.

********************