Chapter 3

A serious-faced man walked in behind Rosa and Jake.

He said in a deadpan voice, "Okay Olivia if Marvin gets arrested, we can talk to the DA about a reduced sentence."

"Tough, but fine, I'll take that," Olivia readjusted herself at her seat.

"So, Marvin appears at his club every Friday night to socialise with his customers, the catch is, only his bodyguards and the bartender knows what he looks like there."

"Okay, so we send Rosa in to lure the bartender away and get him or her to ID Marvin."

"Ah but the bartender won't speak to Rosa, but he knows who I am. You send me in to get it out of him and I'll lead you to Marvin."

"That's too risky, we're not sending you in alone, Rosa back me up"

"Jake, it's Rodriguez we're talking about, I think we need to take the risk."

"Fine Olivia, we'll send you in, but you're going with me, and I'm not taking my eyes off you." Jake eyed Olivia. 

"Yeah, yeah whatever, does anybody have a dress I can borrow? I am not wearing this to a club."

//

Olivia walked in and heavy music filled her ears. From the corner of her eye, she spotted Jake by himself. They didn't want to walk in together, otherwise, it might raise some suspicions. She adjusted the dress that hugged her figure and walked towards the bar. 

"I'll have an Old Fashioned, extra bitter," she shouted over the music, catching the eye of the bartender who smiled at her.

"Sure thing, Oliva," after a few short moments, he places a glass in front of her. 

"What brings you here today? I haven't seen you in quite some time."

"It's a little loud here when's your shift ending?"

"Soon, why don't you meet me out back?" Oliva winked at him and left, taking the glass with her. She walked to a nearby plant and dumped the contents of the glass in and left it at an empty table, she knew better than to trust that bartender. Making sure Jake saw her, she exited to the back and waited. 

Jake didn't particularly enjoy clubs, but there was something that made Olivia look different than usual. He saw her exit out the back and thought that maybe in another universe, he might be interested in her. 

He snapped back to attention when the bartender followed her behind an unmarked door. He was on the other side of the room but he quickly went after them. When he opened the door, to his surprise, he found the bartender passed out cold on the floor with Olivia brushing dust off her dress.

"Oh my, Olivia what did you do?"