𝐊𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐀𝐈'𝐒 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

━━━━━━ 💌  ;┊                                   ✧・

━━━━━━ 💌  ;┊
                         ✧・

kanata read through the love letter one more time as y/n showed shinobu and nagumo more magic tricks. such as the coin behind your ear, card trick and nonstop ties coming out the sleeve. unit practice ended a while ago but these four decided to hang out for a little while. besides kanata wanted to ask y/n if she knew anything about his secret admirer. considering, she knows everybody but is no more than an acquaintance.

y/n levitated a pencil with her finger, using actual magic for this and making it float in mid air. "how is that possible?" nagumo gaped. "lady y/n is so amazing!" shinobu praised. "i know~" y/n grabbed the pencil and chuckled. kanata smiled at his younger peers, holding the love letter close to his chest. "well, i'm heading out. i have class soon." nagumo sighed, standing up. shinobu and y/n followed shortly.

"all right, guys. behave in class, take notes, and don't sleep." y/n laughed, petting both tetora's and shinobu's head at the same time.
"hai!"

y/n walked up to kanata, seeing the love letter in his hands making her heart skip a beat. she smiled teasingly, leaning against the wall near him. "poor souls. they're not aware their precious producer doesn't take much notes in class and often falls in asleep during lectures."  y/n laughed proudly. kanata giggled. "that's unusual but what do i expect? you're y/n, an oddball just like me."

y/n gestures towards the love letter in his hand
"who's that from?" she played dumb, crossing her arm and craning her neck to the side. kanata glanced at the paper one more time before handing it to her. "i don't know. they didn't write their name. i must say, they are impressively poetic when it comes to love." kanata calmly spoke as y/n skimmed through her own words, smiling shyly.

"they sure do.... they must love you a lot." she chuckled, glancing back at the blue head. kanata rubbed an arm, looking at the ground for a moment. "i can't accept it." he frowned. y/n felt rejected sure, but it's not like he knew it was her who wrote the note. still, there was a part of her inside that broke. "is that so...?" she swallowed.

"i already love someone." kanata looked back at y/n to which she quickly smiled again. forcefully. "ou~ who's the lucky one~?" she giggled. kanata couldn't doubt himself not for this, he could spot the sincere fright in y/n's tone. perhaps, if he was correct, then y/n's just as in love with him.

"she's amazing, kind, beautiful, talented. the list goes on and on. she's a wonder i can't figure out sometimes. i never knew i'd meet someone like that. and her eyes, those serene starry eyes, i could get lost in them forever. oh, and don't get me started on her smile."

he was truly in love with her for him to speak in such a dreamy way. y/n's lips parted, gripping onto the note. something tells her- no screaming at her, that she was the one kanata was talking about.

"i wish i can just have her in my arms forever, or enjoy a sunset together." kanata closed his eyes blissfully. self doubt came kicking in, causing y/n to pout. what if he's not talking about her? "that's so cute..."

"i'm talking about you, y/n l/n." kanata finally said, tilting his head and smiling down at her stunned blushing expression. oh god, now she felt like fainting after hearing this words directed towards her only. she covered half her face with a hand, looking at kanata shockingly. "ka-kanata..." she teared up.
and then, she hugged while connecting their lips together. she closed her eyes, pressing their bodies together as he wrapped his hands around her.

"hey, i forgot my blazer- gah!"
y/n pulled away quickly, gasping and seeing nagumo standing at the door in shock. kanata stood calm and smiled at him. "thats careless. lets be less forgettable, alright?" "yes sir...." nagumo muttered, still in disbelief as he received his uniform blazer.
"haha! finally! y/n, you should have seen your face!" "go to class!"

"so embarrassing...." y/n sighed as the door closed. she was only thankful he hadn't caused any ruckus about this.

"so this is your letter?" "eh?! well..." y/n stuttered, rubbing the back of her neck.
"it makes me really happy to know how you feel about it. i'm going to treasure this for the rest of my life." kanata grasped one of y/n's hands and placed it on his heart. her lips parted, feeling his heartbeat soothingly. she smiled. "flatterer...." she kissed him once more, closing her eyes this time and savoring the moment with their love.

━━━━
FIVE YEARS LATER

"of course you've added a fountain." y/n sighed, running a hand through her bangs.
seeing her husband float in the large beautiful elegant fountain with chlorinated water. the garden portion of their household was y/n's idea, to remind her of her old home. which for the most part turned into a great achievement for her and her parent's improvement in their bond.

kanata hummed his usual tune, sitting up.
"come on! chiaki's gonna be here any minute now!" y/n puffed out a cheek, leaning down towards him, unaware of his idea. "i'm positive chiaki won't find it unusual for us to be in our lovely fountain." kanata cocked his head to the side before grabbing y/n's right forearm and bringing her down. "HEY!"

splash

"dammit! i just took a shower~!" y/n whined. her clothes dampened severely just like kanata's. "puka~~ the water feels great, doesn't it?" he asked sweetly. y/n who was on top of him, extended her hand and felt the waterfall splash on her palm. "yeah, it does." she chuckled. she felt kanata place a hand on top of her head softly. "whats the english saying couples say when they're in love? its starts with i..."

y/n felt her cheeks heat up, heart fluttering.  she sat up, sitting on his lap now and pouting childishly. "i love you so much..." she mumbled, eyes averting to the side. kanata pleasingly smiled, humming in satisfactory. he brought her close to his chest once again and pecked her forehead, closing his eyes for a second. "i love you too."

"i didn't think i'd be the one to marry you.."
kanata hummed at her. "how so?"
y/n paid no mind at her wet clothes and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"ever since you graduated from yumenosaki, we were distant from each other for a few months...i almost lost hope until we reunited and things started to get better from there. a-anyways, i admire you! you're always there when i need you, and you're kind , i'm so...so grateful that i'm here with you!" she shut her mouth, face flushing. she stuttered, glancing at her husband who looked at her with loyal amiable eyes. "i understand...arigatou."

"oi, why are you thanking me? gah! anyways, i'm going to get changed!" y/n stood up and hopped out the fountain. she looked at him over her shoulder with an embarrassed face, frowning at him. "pretend like i didn't say anything chunmy just now. ja!" y/n covered her cheeks with her sleeve, walking out their garden terrance. kanata let out another giggle, before extending his hand and feeling the waterfall.

"she always gets me.....how cute~"

THE END