1: A lie and a vision

As they walked back to where Kipo's former burrow people were hiding out, the group was silent.

Wolf was still in grief, occasionally wiping a fear tears that went astray.

Benson was trying to come up with a lie, he didn't want to go to the hideout, and tell Kipo's father that she was dead.

Dave was, believe it or not, plotting revenge for the death of his two friends, occasionally a devilish grin on his face.

It took awhile, but when they got there, they were greeted with hugs and a truck load of questions, specifically coming from Troy, Dahlia, Asher, and Lio Oak.

"Where's Kipo? Is she ok?" Lio asked while glancing around hoping to find his daughter.

Wolf, Benson, and Dave glanced at each other, then Benson stepped up, prepared to lie.

"Oh yeah she's great! She's just scouting to see if everything is alright, and probably gonna try and find some more food." He replied with ease, clearly he had thought about this on the way back.

Both Wolf and Dave were surprised about how real that lie sounded, then glancing at Lio to see if he would buy it.

"Alright, I believe you. But try to find her if she doesn't come back by sunrise." The father of Kipo ordered.

"Yessir." Benson replied with a salute as Lio walked away.

Then they turned to Dahlia, Asher, and Troy, answering their many questions about what happened and where was Stalky at.

Dave kept his distance, as he continued plotting his revenge. While Wolf answered their questions with a slight annoyed look, but every time somebody said 'Kipo,' she looked down to hide the sorrow and grief.

Benson's face had a slight pink tint to it the whole time Troy looked at him, expecting him to answer all their questions.

When the questions were finally answered, they waved goodnight and went in their own tent.

The three friends stood there, then walked into their own tent that they usually shared with Kipo.

Her sleeping bag was still there, still unmade from the last time she had gotten up.

The three stared at it for a moment, before getting into their own sleeping bags and falling asleep.

It was weird to be sleeping without a friend they had slept with for so long, but they eventually drifted to sleep.

                              〰️

Wolf groaned and got up, rubbing her throbbing head as she looked around, realizing she was in a black room with smoke running on the floor.

She then heard a yelp, and whipped around to see Kipo.

Her heart stopped as she stared at her, because she wasn't entirely Kipo.

Her hair was out of her normal ponytail, and her legs and arms were covered with fur.

She looked up at Wolf and screamed something that she couldn't make out.

Kipo screamed again, and this time she heard her say, "I promise, I'm coming back for you!"

The older girl screamed once again as a whip hit her on the thigh, then everything went black.

                                〰️

Wolf jolted upright, panting with sweat trickling down her forehead.

She looked back where Kipo was in her dream, but to her, it was more like some sort of vision.

The small girl looked down at her scratched hands and sighed, hiding her face in them.

Then she thought about what the tall girl had said.

"I promise, I'm coming back for you!"

Wolf shivered as she held back a yelp of surprise when she heard an groan behind her, realizing it was just Dave.

She sighed and laid her head back down, gazing at the place where Kipo had been.

And I'll always come back for you. She thought before drifting back off to sleep.