𝐒𝐔𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐔 𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐇𝐈'𝐒 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

━━━━━━ 🍂 ;┊                                   ✧・

━━━━━━ 🍂 ;┊
                         ✧・

the fuzzy feeling in her heart thumped for the tenth time today, clenching her fist against her chest and closing her eyes shut. the image of subaru's laugh and pure smile making its way to her mind, another promising smile curving on her lips. the day after the dream fes, when school ended, a black rich car pulled up on a street where y/n and her friends walked together, and that being her mother's vehicle, of course y/n stiffened up and started sweating nervously.

what she didn't expect is for her to invite them over for dinner at the l/n residence. it'd be y/n's first time there after two years and to spend it with her closest friends (trickstar and anzu), is the only reason she agreed. but still, sitting at the same table with her crush that her parents were fully aware of, is worrisome and thats stressing her out. hence, her mini panic attack in her former room. which nobody has touched at all, she's kinda grateful for that.

wearing a skirt and a fancy blouse isn't making things any better and worst of all, she has to deal with familiar, if not, stricter, ground rules given to her by her parents. have straight posture at all cost, only talk about your accomplishments when asked by a family member, stuff like that.  which are easy to follow as she grew up with expectations like those. but the one rule where she had to eat with no crumbs on her face or fall on the handkerchief tugged on her collar, is silly.

"y/n, they're here." hisaki opened her door, peeking in nonchalantly. y/n stood up from her vanity set up desk, looking in her mirror before taking a deep breath in and out. not only was her friends coming over, so were (and they were already here) kanami's fiance and ruri. so she had to be on her best behavior nonetheless. "relax. you'll be fine. we did this before with the sakamoto family." hisaki chuckled, walking down the luxurious stairs with y/n by his side.

"well, that was something else. for crying out loud, subaru's going to be there..." she whispered. "true. oh, look. i think subaru's heart stricken to see you in that cute outfit miss akanori picked out for you." hisaki teased, nudging her softly. y/n gripped her hands on her silky black skirt, blushing in embarrassment. "shut the fuck up." she scoffed, reaching the bottom of the stairs.

"y/n!" subaru tackled the girl in a bear hug, snuggling against her. the rest of their friends walking up to them after their stuff was taken by the butlers to a safe room. they all wore their suitable clothing enough for this occasion, no suit or fancy dress. but just right. not like they were trying to impress y/n's parents after all, they were here for her only.

"you look so cute!" subaru pulled away, beaming excitedly. "i hope we didn't arrive too late. isara-kun took an awfully long time getting ready." anzu smiled apologetically, sighing. "i didn't know what to wear, yanno!"
mao frowned. y/n laughed, waving a hand dismissively. if anything, she's the one who was forced to dress up a little too nicely for a dinner night and her parents were obviously wearing their dramatic signature accessories which left her even more humiliated. she didn't want them thinking they took things for granted or anything.