N.A.

AU - when your turn 19 you get a guardian angel/soulmate. 

(its not based off a tiktok)

title: angelic

Warnings: none

--------------------------------------------

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear y/n, happy birthday to you!" my family sung around me. I just stood there, awkwardly smiling and looking around. What are you supposed to do anyways? I see a figure walking out of my room. "mom?" I ask stepping away from the table. she just smiles. "Do you see it hun? your angel?" I nod and she lets me go after it. I look around my house for it. My house was not big, how in the world did this person hide from me for this long.  

I could hear someone clear their throat from behind me. "Are you by chance looking for me?" I turn and see a young boy (my age I guess). He had blond hair and brown eyes, he had such an innocence to him but maybe it was because he was an angel. "yeah." his wings stuck out the most (for obvious reasons). 

You may be wondering, an angel? that's not possible. It is. 

When our world was being created, someone greater set aside some people (the ones with the best souls, the most kind, and pure) for the future. As more people were born, he would wait for the right time (when the were at their best, usually their 19 birthday, they know what they want by then) and send them a soulmate. Your parents can't see your soulmate until you two fall in love. "My soulmate?" he nods. "Your parents won't be able to see me until we fall in love. No one can see me."

"then I suggest we fall in love real quick." He sends me a cheeky smile and drags me down the hallway. "Bye mom, bye dad! I'll see you guys later!" I didn't even let them respond. 

He took me down to the park, there were a couple other kids my age running around seemingly aimlessly. I could see people appear out of thin air. I'd smile. "Wait, what's your name?"

"You name me." I chuckle. "Like a pet?" he nods. "I'm your person. Your my person." 

"That's actually kinda cute." 

"take as long as you want to decide." I had already picked a name out. If It were a girl, I'd choose Avani, and if it were a boy, Nick. "Your gonna be called Nick." It seemed to fit him perfectly. "I actually like that." we got to the park. He took me to the swings and we just chilled there. Suddenly I was being pushed. "Oh my gosh Nick you scared me!" I laugh as he pushes me on the swings. It was almost midnight when we decided to go back home. "How about we go up on the roof?" Nick asks I nod and he wraps his arms around me. "Wait, no!" my feet lift up off of the floor and he flies up to the roof. He wings shimmer in the moonlight. Its midnight.

We touch the roof and he sets me down gently. We lay on our backs looking at the stars and the sky. It was one AM when I broke the silence. "Hey Nick?" he hums in response. "What happens when we die?"

He looks at me surprised. "I've wanted to know. Ever since I was a kid. I wanted to know."

he sucks in a deep breath. "Good question. You see when we die, we don't die. We go to another place. It's like another afterlife.  Another world."

"is it?"

"scary?" he finishes. I nod. "No. It's peaceful."

"Do we get to come back?"

"Yes. You just don't really remember."

"I'll forget you?"

"yes. And I'll get someone knew or we'll switch roles. You'll be the angel. And I'll wait for you."

"What happens when we don't switch. You stay an angel."

"Then I get to remember you."

"Have you ever.."

"yes. I remember everyone I've fallen in love with from before. It was only two people."

"Hey nick-"

"Hey kids," my mom calls. "Come down. We wanna see if you've fallen in love yet!" he carries me down into the house and we sit down on the couch. My mom gasps as she runs into the room, tears pooling into her eyes. "Mija, look at him. He's such a beauty." 

"You can see him mami?" she nods and my family come rushing in. My mom asks him questions and keeps running his hands through his hair and pinching his cheeks. "Mami, you can stop now."

"he's just to precious. My baby, in love." My dad holds my mom in his arms. "Were gonna go to sleep now. te amo mami, papa. Buenas noches." I groan and Nick and I rush up the stairs. "Just don't have to much fun ninos!"

(I'm sorry my Spanish is probs rlly bad, I'm also rushing)

"So your parents can see me?" I nod blushing profusely. "hey watch this." I look over and in a golden flash his wings were gone. I gasp. "Where did they go?"

"they went to someone else. Another angel."

"You're still an angel to me. I love you."

"I love you too."

We climb into my bed. I shut off my lamp and we just lay there. "Do you wanna cuddle?" he pulls our bodies together quickly and we both let out sighs of relief. "oh and I love you two."

-----------------------------------------------

words: 889

Okay so here's the tea. I won't be writing for the rest of the month and a little into July, I'm gonna be with some family and if one person comments about corona, I will personally come for you. Its been really rough, I didn't see them last year because we didn't have the money and when we did see them it was because a funeral. So fight me. 

Anyways, I won't be writing. I'm literally leaving at 5. But if you wanna possible see that, then please follow my YouTube channel. Kaitlin Maison. I have only two videos on there but yeah. Just give me some ideas for a short writing idk, a preference maybe. I will have wifi n stuff but I'm not sure if I should bring my computer. Idk. 

Also, If I do write any they are gonna be multi race rather than just for white people (if that makes any sense) like im trynna bring some other cultures into my writing. especially with everything going on. ok bye for now.