Chapter 10 (Finale) - Here To Stay

Paul's P.O.V.

Paul was going for a walk while hanging his head low and tears fell from his eyes. He felt bad that he regrettably refused to go home with Julia. He even missed her terribly. At one point, he leaned his back against the wall of a nearby building and slid down as he began to cry some more. "Oh, Julia! I miss you so much!" He cried.

Julia's P.O.V.

Julia reappeared in the past. As she looked around at her surroundings, she smiled. "Ah, it's good to be back! But first, I better find Paul and fix his broken heart." She said. From a faraway distance, Julia saw a sad looking figure. It was easy for her to figure out who it is, since she recognized the clothing. "There he is! But how should I lure him over to me?" She wondered to herself. Julia snaps her fingers. "I've got it! I'll sing loud and strong, and he'll immediately hear me and realize I'm back!" She said with a smile.

After taking a few deep breaths and clearing her throat, Julia starts to sing as she slowly walks up to Paul, letting him know she's back.

So dark, so cold
No hope in your eyes
But I'm here, so hold on
I'll stay by your side

And I will go wherever you go
With me you're never alone

I believe I can fly when we come together
It's a natural high when you bring me back to life
I believe we can live forever
I believe in the season of love
The season of love

The season of love
Of love
Of love
The season of love

So long in my life
I've never found love (Never found love)
But then you came and changed my way
Changed my life so nothing's the same

I will go wherever you go
With me you're alone

I believe I can fly when we come together
It's a natural high when you bring me back to life
I believe we can live forever
I believe in the season of love
The season of love

In the spirit of love we come together
And I know that it's right, I feel it inside

I believe I can fly when we come together
It's a natural high when you bring me back to life
I believe we can live forever
I believe in the season of love
The season of love

Yeah, oh
Ooh, the season of love

Paul looks up at the sound of Julia's voice and his face lights up when he sees her. "Julia?! Is it really you?!" He said excitedly. "Paul!" Said Julia as she held her arms out for Paul. He stands up and immediately hugs Julia tighter than ever before. "I can't believe you came back! I thought I'd never see you again!" Said Paul. "I wanted to come back." Julia said. "What for?" Paul asked.

The two released from their embrace. "I came back because I love you." Said Julia. "Really?" Asked Paul. "Yes. I realized that being away from you made me feel more miserable than I was for the past few years. I couldn't live without you, Paul. Coming here was the greatest experience of my life, and everyone is a lot nicer than the people in my time. You gave me a happier life, Paulie. I thank you for that." Julia said. Paul smiles and caresses her face. Julia smiles back. "It's my pleasure, love. I'm glad you came back, honestly. Mainly because I can do this." Paul said.

To Julia's surprise, Paul gets down on one knee and pulls out a tiny box. "What... what is this?!" Asked Julia as she was at a loss for words. "Julia, from the moment you came into my life, it didn't take too long for me fall in love with you, even though you confessed your feelings first. Now that you're back, I wanna spend the rest of my life with you." Said Paul. He opens the box to reveal a ring. "Ohhh!" Julia said excitedly. "Julia Brielle Fitzgerald, will you marry me?" Paul asked. Julia felt as if she was about to burst. "YES!!!!!!" She said excitedly.

Paul takes the ring out of the box and slips it onto Julia's finger. It didn't take too long for the two to share a long and romantic kiss afterwards.

Two Weeks Later

Julia and Paul got married at the very same garden they went to on Julia's last day in the past. This time, she's staying there. A few days after the wedding, they went to the lit up garden again to spend some quality time together, making up for lost time. Julia even dressed up for this romantic night.

Julia's dress:

Julia's shoes;

Julia's shoes;

"I'm so glad you decided to come back, Julia

"I'm so glad you decided to come back, Julia. I was starting to think you'd be miserable again after going back to your old life." Said Paul. "I wasn't gonna let that happen to me. After three years of loneliness, there was no way I was gonna put up with that again!" Said Julia. "That's my girl!" Paul said. He kisses Julia on her forehead. "Besides, meeting you made my life better, and it's been my dream to meet my favorite band!" Julia said. "You got your wish, my darling. Not only that, you're now my wife!" Said Paul with a smile. "I'll always be your wife, sweetie. There's nothing in this world that'll change how I feel about you." Said Julia.

Paul smiles as the two lean in for a kiss. It lasts for the rest of the night as the noise in the background fades, making the couple seem as if they're the only people in the world. At long last, Julia has finally found the happiness she deserves.

Here's the song Julia sang earlier as she was getting Paul's attention. ~ Amanda

The End