one.

LOLA CLUTCHING her fists tightly, she keeps moving forward. her feet dragging against the forest floor, the mud sticking to the bottom of her shoes. she mimicks the dead that surrounded her unknowingly that she wasn't deceased. her arms are limp at her side as she walks slowly behind her sister who she glances at from behind the decaying mask that wrapped around her head.

The forest was mostly quiet, except for the low moans and growls from the dead, or the whisperers, she could never tell. the sun is bright, radiating the warmth across the distance, though she is feeling frigid inside. she is tired and in need for of rest, but she couldn't. not after finding a decent group of the dead to blend in with.

lola could see a brown bridge in the distance as she glanced at her sister who was staring at the ground as she walked slowly, with a slight limp to succeed the walker look.

"we have to find mama." lola whispered to her sister as she leaned closer so she could hear her low tone.

"were not suppose to talk." lydia responded back as she side glanced her younger sister.

lola bit the inside of her lip as she looked down at the ground where she had taken notice that they were now walking slowly over the bridge. the girl perked her head up when she could hear faint horses in the distance. She didn't notice the man with the crossbow standing at the exit of the bridge until the scream of one of the whisperers echoed throughout the small bridge as he fell, holding his thigh where he was shot with an arrow.

his screams drew the walkers that were walking next to him. the mask couldn't protect him anymore and soon the walkers had gotten to him and his screams filled lola's ears as she looked around frantically. Lydia reached for her knife from her belt as she searched for her sister. Lola pressed her back against the side of the wooden bridge as she watched the unknown people massacre all the whisperers that she had once knew. some had tried to turn and go out where they had came from but there was a woman standing there, a large katana in her hand.

Lola snapped out of her trance when someone grabbed her upper arm roughly and dragged her across the wooden floor to where she saw her sister on her knees, her mask ripped off of her as she surrendered to the unknown people. she was thrown to the floor where she landed on her knees, next to her sister who had her hands above her head as she breathed erratically.

suddenly lola's head jerked back as someone ripped her mask off of her as she felt the fresh air hit her dirt and mud infested face.

"please," Lydia begged through ragged breaths from beside lola. "please don't kill us. please."

"How many." A dark skin woman seethed as she stared at the two terrified girls on their knees.

"please," lydia's voice wavered as she looked frantically at them. "you killed then all. It's just us now."