seven.

LOLA AND LYDIA changed out of the clothes that henry had given them back at hilltop as they made their way back to the center of the camp where they found henry, tied up to a tree as their mother talked to him intently

LOLA AND LYDIA changed out of the clothes that henry had given them back at hilltop as they made their way back to the center of the camp where they found henry, tied up to a tree as their mother talked to him intently. they stopped and watched from afar as lola leaned up against a tree with her arms crossed over her chest. she watched as henry glanced at them from where he was tied up but they quickly averted eye contact.

"so that's what today was," one of the whisperers said as he walked towards alpha, a women with raven colored hair behind him, catching lola's attention. "you letting the weak die? we don't go back for the lost. never have. until your cubs got napped. we gave up two of theirs for your girls. I don't like that math."

"you know who they are now," alpha responded as her hands connected behind her back. "where they are, what they have. we know, if there's conflict, we'll win. the trade was worth it."

the other whisperers had gathered around the scene as they watched intently. lola bit her lip anxiously, a piece of the skin tearing off as the aste of blood filled her mouth.

"if you have a problem with me as a leader," alpha said as she leaned forward squinting her eyes. "you know what to do."

the man scanned around him before turning back to alpha as he swallowed thickly.

"I challenge you," he said as he stepped up with confidence. "your not fit to lead anymore."

alpha laughed darkly making goosebumps rise upon lola's arms as she watched the scene unfold. she mentally prepared herself, because she knew that it wasn't going to end well. when someone challenges alpha there's always bloodshed.

"you think your the man to replace me?" alpha questioned as she brought her face closer to the his. "to become the new alpha?"

next thing lola knew beta had lunges forward grabbing the man from behind as he held his knife up to his face.

"your changing the rules again." the man said as his face was titled back as beta had his palm on his jaw.

"you have the right to challenge my leadership at any time," alpha said as she stepped forward as the man was let go as he stumbled backwards. "and I, have a right to defend it."

Alpha quickly turned on her heel as she lunged a the women that was standing with the man challenging her. she pushed her against the tree as she brought her face up to her's.

"I know it was you," alpha seethed as she grabbed her shoulder and pushing her forward so she was standing next to beta and the man.

"what are you doing?" the woman questioned as she stumbled back.

"I saw you in the woods," alpha said slowly as she stepped towards the women. "plotting with your boyfriend."

"what? No, we weren't-"