Driving

Once in the car Jeffrey made Skye tell him everything about everything. "And your friends how are they? Andrew?" He asked teasingly
   "Andrew is fine thank you very much," Skye stuck her tongue out at Jeffrey who just laughed. Andrew had been Skye's part time boyfriend for almost 3 months, he had been her attempt to convince Jane and Jeffrey that she could indeed kiss a boy without punching him.
"You know I never actually liked him." Jeffrey continued to smirk at her. "Honest," Skye whined. "What about you? Mr ' I take girls to the opera weekly'."
   "I have never taken a girl to the opera"
   "You took me to the opera, three whole hours of complete nonsense. Your lucky i didn't kill you right then and there."  Skye sighed. " where are we going anyway?"
   Jeffrey tore his eyes away from Skye and pointed at the upcoming road sign as his answer." 'Plymouth beach 25 miles.'
   "The beach? You made me ride 3 hours out here to go to the beach?"
   "Oh be quiet, I know you love it."
   Skye did in fact love the beach, she loved everything about it. The wind on her face, the cold water her toes, the big open sky where it seemed you could see anything and everything. But she wasn't about to admit that to Jeffrey.
"I'm starving! Did you think of that?"
"I did think about your extreme hunger," Jeffrey retorted. "there's a picnic basket in the back seat. Grab it."
Taken a back by Jeffreys thoughtfulness, Skye reached towards the back seat, pulled out a perfectly packed basket and grabbed a sandwich.