Hero

We began sitting around, as I listened to Jason crack jokes about Faith while doodling his anime things. I leaned against his shoulder, pointing out the things I didn't quite get in his art, silently chuckling along. Even as we were in calm states such as, I felt an uncomfortable presence nearing us. Deciding that Faith began to realize what was going on, I felt that she was following us around. My suspicions were soon confirmed as Faith entered the cafe that day.

        "Hello boys," she said coyly, glaring in Jason's direction. I tensed in fear, she seemed to have that longing look she had, our last meeting. Immediately, I felt Jason grab my hand. Startled I tensed a little more, but looked over a smiled softly, calming down little by little. Watching Faith hover over the table.

        "Hi Faith" Jason replied, crossing his legs. I looked over to Jason worriedly, his teeth were clenched and he looked tense in general.

        In a flourish she grabbed my half eaten pecan pie, which I had laid forgotten on the table, and took a bite. We made no objection, as it seemed she was not one to mess around with.

        Eyes darting everywhere but at us she cooed "I do hope you don't mind if I have this" sashaying to another table, she took another bite "MY GOODNESS THIS IS AWFUL" she gently poked the cream on top of it "You know, Jason, you can have this back". Walking, skipping almost, to the regular employee, she asked for a box.

        Once she retrieved the take out box, she threw it in Jason's direction, I flinched at the sound. As she gave us a repulsive grin. Wrapping up the meeting, we shared a few laughs over the pecan pie incident. After biding farewell, I departed back home.

        Awhile into my arrival home, I began to look into our fridge. Searching through my moms collection of tofu and wheat grass. I finally took a leftover sandwich, holding it in my mouth I ran up the stairs. Flipping my laptop open, I smiled seeing that Cormac was online, I asked if he wanted to play a game or something. He accepted my request and joined me on an online quest.  Halfway through the game, I felt it was late.

        Logging off, and changing into my sleepwear. I fell into my newly made bed, but I was unable to sleep. I felt something was wrong. About the pie, why would she stick her finger in it...isn't that a bit...pointless..

        My thoughts were interrupted by the shrill ringing of my phone, it was the Sword Art Online theme song, so I knew it was Jason. Almost jumping out of bed , I tripped over the sheets. Once up I grabbed the phone, which fumbled in my hands as I clicked answer. "Hello?" I said first.

        The voice that replied sent chills up my spine "Hi there Hayden"

I shook "F-faith?! Why do you have Jason's phone" I paused "Is he WITH you?!"

"Yeah" she replied smugly

"That's a lie, he wouldn't be with you!"

"Of course I'm not lying! Why do you think I have his phone?"

"B-but" I was speechless

"Oh, I'm glad to hear those words from your mouth. I bet you aren't so glad to hear them from mine. Hayden...I WIN I WIN I WIN!" she yelled, and I hear a distant groan of pain.

Pulling the phone away from my ear, the noise so loud. I heard the phone disconnect. 

I attempted calling back, but the only reply was: "I'm sorry, but this phone number is not currently in use, please hang up and try again"

        I shivered, scared and unsure what to do. But one thing was clear, Jason was in trouble.

And this time, I'll be the hero.