I Fell In Love...

Time seemed to stop in the moments where we began to recover. I squinted at him, it couldn't really be him, but it was. The fresh tears in my eyes blurred my vision. But it was clearly him. I brushed my arm across my eye and saw him, seemingly holding his breath. For whatever reason I didn't know, I couldn't hold in the excitement of meeting him, but I was shy. Planning to timidly ask what was wrong, I spoke.

        Instead, I blurted out "What's wrong" without even trying to hold in my embarrassing excitement.  I watched one his own tear drops drop to the ground. I eyed it, awaiting his response. 

He seemed to also be shy, which I didn't get, and muttered "It's you"

My eyes began to water again, he was thinking of me. The ends of my lips tugged at each other, and ended up starting to cry, reassuringly I replied "It's me" 

Looking around, we were the only ones out. Everyone else enjoying and oddly early Thanksgiving dinner. I wiped my tears with my hoodie, which was draped on my shoulder. He did the same.  I noticed him being silent. His hands were also shaking, but I decided not to comment, but the silence was deafening. I decided to break the ice.

"Hey...what's your name?"

He looked over nervously, at me, and rushed some words out "It's Jason, Jason Phan. It's really asian, I know. You could call me Asian Persuasion. No you couldn't, sorry, don't...ugh. Don't call me that..." he trailed off and looked over to me. I didn't notice, but a large smile was glued to my face. Eyes clouded with thoughts, he was perfect...and seemed to like me. I had to impress him in some way, he already has to me. 

I slightly chuckled, eyes gleaming "Nah, it's okay. Kinda cute actually! I'm guessing you came up with it, used it..and realized it was a pretty bad way to advertise yourself" I blushed at the comment, feeling as if I had said to much

He replied with a simple "Yeah" deflating myself. He hasn't asked for my name yet..was he unimpressed...? I chuckled nervously, my voice cracking "A-aren't you going to ask my name?"

He nodded "Whats your name"

Trying to add some 'pizzazz' I put in magician while introducing myself "Hayden Barker" pulling out a deck, as well as shuffling them.  Opening my mouth so he could see the folded card, naming the end of the hard earned trick. 

He laughed a bit after saying "Cool" did I do something funny. Or did I do the trick wrong I couldn't decided leaving me flustered "What is it" I expected some 'constructive critisism' but not what he said next.

"I like you"  I went crimson, seeing him smile. It's warmth showing me, I did it right. 

Didn't I?