[21] An Origin

"Peter, read the writing below the picture" said Aaron. My eyes drifted down to the beautiful writing below the picture.

"Heinrich 1978-2004".

So, Heinrich was the person who was carrying me in that dream. But why Heinrich? How was I related to him? I looked at the picture for longer and I found something hanging around his neck that I thought I saw somewhere before. It was an image of a small turquoise pebble with the carvings of the wind and air on it.

"Hey Julie does this look familiar?" I asked. Her eyes widened as she quickly turned Adiaperache around and at the back we saw the small pebble.

"No way" Alaska said smiling.

"Dude take it out" said Aaron. I took the small glass case out. All of us were blinded by a blue light that lit up the entire room as I took the pebble out of the case and held it in my hands.

"Unbelievable. That's the stone of Aquáera" Aaron said.

"What's the stone of Aquáera?" me and Julie asked at the same time.

"Long story. I'll explain later. But how did you get the stone?" asked Alaska.

"It's the only thing my mother left behind when she disappeared. I used to think it was the only thing that connected me to my family. She said it was a hereditary thing that we passed on from generation to generation and told me to keep the pebble safe and not to give it to anyone ever" I explained.

"Dude, that stone belonged to Heinrich. So If you have it and it was passed on from generation to generation that can only mean one thing. . ." said Aaron.

"That my real father was Heinrich and that he's dead" I said ruefully.

"Yeah. That and that you're a prince who needs to claim an empty throne" said Alaska, smiling and placing a hand on my shoulder while standing next to me.

"I'm not a prince Alaska. I can't be a king dude. I'm sixteen" I said.

"I'm afraid that you can't make that choice Philosopher" she said.

"Well I should be able to. The fact that I can't just shows how much of a sorry-ass life I'm living" I said, vexed out.

"Peter. You need to do this. Read the prophecy again" Aaron said handing me, Adiaperache. I opened the book again and read the old prophecy.

"Anger and Greed shall burn into a King long forgotten.
The most respected kings dearest,
shall be sacrificed and reaped.
In all of Inframagus evil be written.
Until, the prince born four days before the ceasing leap will have returned.
Until, his love unites them all and peace upon us it shall fall"

"Peter, your birthday is on the 25th of February. Four days before the ceasing leap. I mean, it all fits" said Alaska.

I stared at the prophecy. I was the prince. I was the grand hero prince who was suppoed to save the world but I knew nothing about magic or fighting or anything. How was I supposed to save the world when I can't even save myself?

"You can do it Peter. We can do it. We need to find a way to make everyone believe that you're the son of Heinrich" Julie said, smiling at me. I nodded.

"Let's do it" I said.

"We need to leave right now but tomorrow, we're finding out a way to help Peter justify that he's the son of Heinrich. No one is going to believe you if we show them the stone Peter. Besides, it's too important and precious to show in public" Aaron said.

"Yeah. Let's leave" Alaska said. We left the building to go to our history class.

We sat down at our benches and took our notes out. All the pages were parchment and all our pens were fancy calligraphic pens.