Chapter 8

Roman was definitely not dreaming about a certain Ravenclaw when he was shoved off of his bed.

"What the Hell?!" He yelled, sitting up to see his entire dorm laughing in his face. Jack was sitting on his bed.

"Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty." Jack laughed, wiping his eyes.

Standing up, his face burning, Roman shoved Jack off his bed. "Fuck you, Jack. Fuck. You." He muttered but he smiled slightly. There were no hard feelings, this was a weekly thing. It just happened to be Roman's week to be shoved out of his bed.

"Anyway, Alex told me what they got you to promise to." Jack said, swinging his legs as he sat down on his own bed. Roman smirked slightly, ignoring the blush that was creeping back up his face.

"And did they tell you what I had gotten them to promise to?" Jack shook his head, confused. Roman laughed. "Well, you'll find out soon enough. We had a deal."

Jack's eyes widened. "Roman, if you-I swear to Merlin if you told them- I'll murder you."

Janus was the only one left laughing as he looked between Roman and Jack. "Jack, we all know you're secretly happy with what Roman's done." Janus said, standing up and leaving the dorm. "Remember, I used to be a compulsive liar. I can tell when other people are telling lies."

Jack looked from the exit to the rest of the Dorm who were all looking at him and smirking. His face flushed a dark red. "No, listen, I don't-"

"There's no point lying, Jack." Roman said in a sing-song voice. "We all know you've liked Alex the moment you met them."

"Yeah, liked! Not like liked them!" Jack spluttered. Roman laughed again.

"Jack, we're your dorm mates. We know that when you got embarrassed or flustered, you turn into a blushing, spluttering mess. You can't fool us."

Jack sighed and stood up. "Fuck you all." He muttered before leaving.

"Hey Princey."

Roman let out a yelp and quickly turned around. It was only Virgil, laughing his head off at Roman's reaction. Feeling his face go red, Roman smoothed down his robes.

"Hi Virge. What do you want?"

"One of your friends said that you wanted to ask me something? Think they were called.... Alex?"

Roman gritted his teeth, cursing Alex. "Yeah, just not now." He muttered before walking towards the Gryffindor table with every intention to strangle Alex.

"Heya Roman. Why're you so angry?" Alex asked innocently, barely containing a laugh.

"You know exactly why." Roman growled. Alex laughed.

"Hey, I was only helping you out. Besides, Janus told me that you've already done something similar." All the smile was gone from Alex's voice by the end of the sentence.

"At least he actually likes you back! I can't tell with Virgil. He doesn't blush like other people do!"

"Wrong!" Janus chimed in. "Both me and Remus knew that he liked you before he even admitted it. You've got more than a chance of him saying yes."

Roman laughed slightly, putting his head in his hands. "Why am I the one being reassured? I should be doing the reassuring! I'm competent in romance so why is this so difficult all of a sudden?"

Alex shrugged.

"Well, maybe you've never actually been in love before."

"What? Janus are you sure you're alright? I'm flipping Romeo, falling in love with everyone!"