Goodbye - Caine Soren

"Hey, it's me again.

Today was rough. Dekka came round and I accidentally mentioned Brianna and then she broke down. It was so stupid of me. I should have known not to mention her.

The reason I'm telling you this is because while I watched her cry, all I could think about was you.  I just can't bring myself to accept it. I'm so scared about what will happen if I do, Caine. I'm so, so scared.

I guess there's nothing to be scared of  because you're already gone and there's nothing I can do about it.

It's been what? Six, seven months? I've been going to therapy but I'm struggling. Quinn says that time will heal the pain, but I don't think it will.

I hurt so much all the time thinking of you.

How could you do this to me? Why did you have to go and get yourself killed like that? That was both the stupidest and bravest thing you've ever done. I guess you've never been much of a coward... and you saved all of us. No better legacy than that, right?

But that doesn't change the fact that I would give anything to have you here with me right now. Just to be able to talk to you, and tell you how much I-

...how much I love you.

I didn't tell you that enough when you were here.

It's alright for Edilio and Roger, or Sam and Astrid because they've got each other. Dekka's the only one who really gets what it's like.

Ugh, can you believe this? I must seem so silly, phoning you up every night to tell you everything I wish I'd said to you when I had the chance.

The worst part is you're not even on the other side of the call.

Maybe you are listening, and watching down on me from wherever you are.

No matter how much I love you, I can't help but hate you for leaving me like this. It's just not fair, Caine! It's not fair!

I wasn't ready to say goodbye to you."