Chapter 1- A Dream Come True

It was really my dream to become a doctor that it affected my performance when I was still studying at the university. The intrinsic motivation I had was too much that despite the braincell-consuming course and tight-woven schedule, I still managed to get the highest GPA not only in my class but also in the school's history. After graduating, I never really looked for a job because they where the ones that went after me. From what I remember, there were about 20 hospitals, each giving higher pay and benefit offers from another. I don't really care about money. What matters for me is convenience that's why I decided to work at my city's hospital, Esu Hospital. The first week I had as a psychiatrist was rough. Patients are scarce for they don't want to be labeled as someone who has or is mentally unstable. Also, some patients prefer consulting doctors that they already knew. I understand. People won't open up and trust me all of a sudden, of course. Until one day ...

"Dr. Kang, our senior, Dr. Min, went out to see some of his patients. He asked me to direct his incoming patients to you." The stout doctor with small round glasses said with a smirk on his face. Of course, as someone who is new to their chosen field, it is only normal to get bullied or be subjected to this kind of slavery (I call it that way cause it's basically the same). I let him do what he wanted because he was still a senior doctor but it does not necessarily mean that I'd let it slip. Having a newbie doing all his assigned works so that he could slack off and sleep at his office is unacceptable. I will surely tell it to Dr. Min later. A knock snapped me out of my subconscious. My first patient.

A year passed by. My career did a magical 180 turn. Colleagues that were once disgusted by me, saying my grades were not concrete base and only prove nothing for this course is purely practical, were now kissing my ass and were shamelessly asking for some pieces of advice on how to become like me, the doctor who has the most number of satisfied patients and recommendations in just a span of less than ten months. I only smiled at them. I walked towards my office's door without sparing the crowd another glance for I know that some of them are already shooting daggers at me as the other half is silently cursing me to fail miserably.