Chapter 5- The One Who Has a Lot

"Kai Kamal Huening." The young man faced me. He has his soft curly locks pasted on his sweaty forehead whiles his eyes are with dark circles. "Which one are you?" I continued. He smiled innocently. "I'm Kai today, Taehyunie." He has been my patient for three weeks now. I have witnessed two of his personas during those times yet we still haven't made any major progress. I can't pinpoint the cause of his Dissociative Identity Disorder. Today, he is Kai, the childlike persona of his. Kai is  a five-year old boy who likes to play and pull pranks on others. He wanted to be praised and patted on the head. "Taehyunie, what are you thinking?" Kai went to me and rubbed my belly. Ah, yes. Kai loves giving belly rubs. "Okay, sit on the couch while I ask the nurse to get you some food." Kai went to the couch skipping happily. I sat back to my chair and scribbled notes regarding today's progress. Suddenly, my eyes went blurry and my ears muted every sound around me. It lasted for a minute or two. As soon as everything went back to normal, Kai was already in front of me. "Kai, what's wrong?" I asked while I massage my temples. I looked as his face. The innocent smile is now replaced with a mischievous smirk. "Kamal. It's Kamal for you doctor." He said as he rolls his eyes. Kamal is the boy's second persona. This persona is the cool and sassy one. He likes fighting and taunting others. He is basically the bitch side of my patient. Kamal may be the baddest bitch but he is a mature one. During sessions, he cooperates well and just looks around the room sometimes scanning the bookshelf and pulling which ever book gets his attention and reads it. He is the only persona I can talk to about my patient's condition. "What are you looking at? Quit staring." He scoffs at me. "Kamal, is Hyuka still shy? Why won't he show himself to me?" Hyuka is the third and last persona he has that I haven't met yet. He is a 10-year old boy obsessed with the thought of dying that he did various suicidal attempts which all failed because of the 'others' interfering. I believe he has the answer to the question as to what might have caused his condition. "He won't come out. That little wimp will stay in the shadows together with Kai. They can't protect themselves. What a bother." I scratched my head, visibly stressed and pissed with the personas' attitudes. A smirk forms on Kamal's lips. "Want me to help you? I can drag him out of the shadows but when he's out, I won't help you stop him with whatever he wants to do to himself." I tilt my head and thought of the consequences. "Then, what's the catch? Why would you help me all of a sudden?" Kamal lay down on the couch, his one arm under his head. "Let's say that you need to do something for me afterwards." I haven't agreed to his condition yet he already closed his eyes and fell into s deep slumber.
-
"No, impossible." The thing said that he was me. He is certainly my reflection but he's hideous and monstrous. I refuse to believe it.
-
Hueningkai opened his eyes, slowly adjusting to the office's light. He sat properly and look around. "So, this is where they go." His eyes landed on me. He is certainly not Kai or Kamal. "Are you Hyuka?"