Chapter 22

Hey loves! I wanted to firstly apologize for my absence, I was going through an awful stage in my life, as I'm sure many others can relate. But, I truly wanted to thank all who has shown me support and love!

I notice and appreciate each and every one's love towards my book! Thank you specially for those who are willing to stay and give my book and I a second chance, xoxo.<3

Secondly, I wanted to announce I placed 1st on wattpad10! I could not have done it without you all so thank you for constantly being involved in this journey with me and encouraging my passion towards writing! <3

And thirdly, I wanted to congratulate my fellow 2020 graduates! I myself am also a graduate this year. We all did it, four full years filled with sweat and tears paid off loves! Whether we walked on a stage or not, the true spotlight is having the diplomas in our hands! Off to a new journey we go!

Moving on to this chapter's shoutout goes to @Osaruguewen! Thank you for constantly leaving comments and voting on my chapters! I smile at your encouraging comments and I treasure you! <3

Whoever else wants to be shouted out next, all you need to do is vote & comment when done!

Enjoy

Previously on Her Boss

"Is everything alright?"

"Oh? Sorry yeah, it's just, I was supposed to hand this to Mr.Evans but it's beyond the due date and he needs this for his meeting." I shook my head in disapproval for forgetting.

Oh man Olivia, how do you forget this?

It sounded forced when Owen offered, "we can stop by his house and leave it with his maid if this is stressing you out?"

"Aw! That would actually be amazing—" I paused,

"Actually, I'm sure this can wait until tomorrow morning," If he needed these papers desperately then he could've texted me.

I unlocked my phone while Owen spoke about this amazing diner that he knows of. After unlocking my phone it revealed no text messages from my boss himself. I shook my head as I threw my phone back in my bag.

I mean I don't care, I don't. It just means no work for me.

~

Present

Matthew's point of view-

I felt another tug on the blanket and I finally yawned myself awake, "Yes?"

A shirtless Brooks responded, "Let's go grab food," she whined.

"I have work Brooks, please head home. I have a headache," I rolled myself off the bed as I grabbed the nearest T-shirt to wear.

I heard Brooks mumbling something about wanting to stay another night, "Brooks, I'll see you in the office tomorrow morning," With that said I left my bedroom to head out expecting her to be gone by the time I get back.

I was greeted by Mrs.Sue's warm smile asking if I wanted a cup of coffee which I respectfully denied.

"Is everything alright hun?" Her arm rubbed my shoulders in a motherly way.

"Just sore," Mrs.Sue tsk in response, I understood why since I had enough energy to invite Brooks over.

But before I could defend myself, my eyes fell on the newspaper behind her, "What's that?" I hurriedly grabbed the papers and threw it across the room when I read the headlines.