Chapter 9

Enjoy 

I slept in today, I didn't have to worry about waking up so early. Today was finally the weekends. It had been one whole week I been working for Mr.Evans and I'm already dying. I don't understand his bipolar mood swings. But today I wasn't going to think about that. Today and this beautiful long weekend I'm going to be thinking all about enjoying myself and relaxing with Kate and meet some of my old friends.

"Hey, you're finally up, sleepy head." Kate walked in the room smiling cheerfully.

"You're here? You should've woken me up!" I swung my legs off the bed and on the floor and took off my hair-tie out of my hair.

"I wanted you to relax and sleep in. Plus, I wanted to make us pancakes."

"Aw, you're seriously the best. Thank you, I'm going to quickly take a shower and wash myself up then I'm going to come." I started brushing out my hair to get ready for the shower.

"Deal."

I was shaving my legs still thinking about Mr.Evans. I don't understand why he hates my guts so much. I never did anything for him to hate me. I usually really never care if someone hates me or dislikes me but he's my boss. I see him practically every day in my life. I sighed as I washed my legs from shaving and went to my arms.

I don't understand what angered him so much. I took notes down during his meeting and I know I spilled the coffee and joked around with Mr.Clarkson but he was beyond angry. I just don't understand why and I hate not knowing the answers to my questions.

I turned off the water and got out of the shower. I exited the bathroom having an outfit already out; my brown jumpsuit. I just realized I wear lots of brown clothes. Well, that's what the Thrift Shop mostly sells and I don't mind as long as I have clothes.

I hung the wet towel I used to dry off when Kate yelled food was ready. I entered the kitchen with the smell of beautiful pancakes. "Mmmm! That smells good." I smiled at Kate and sat down on one of the chairs excited to just dig in.

"So tell me everything girl." Kate put two slices of pancakes on my plate and on hers. I told her about everything, when I first worked for Mr.Evans and how I walked into his office without knocking and finding him with a women on his lap, me getting soaked in the rain just for his food, I told her about how I had to stay late at night just to finish typing the files, I told her how he slept over at my place, and I told her how I spilled the coffee and me having to take off my shirt and finally I told her how Mr.Evans once again yelling at me in the hallways.

I sighed and leaned my cheek on my right hand. "Wow," Kate commented.

"Why was he so angry? I don't know. Why is he always so rude to me? I have no clue." Kate shook her head crossing her arms over her chest like she was trying to figure out a puzzle.

"Damn..I didn't think it would get this bad. I'm so sorry Olivia I'm the one who made you get the job. I thought it would make you happy and give you a stable life." Kate looked so awful that it ached my heart.

"Hey, no I love the job. Yea..that's a lie. But I love what comes out of it. I'm going to finally fix the ceiling or finally fix my water and pay my loans. You helped me and you didn't know Mr.Evans was going to be this bad. Don't blame yourself." I smiled at her.

"Yea..I guess." I know she still felt like it was her fault but it wasn't, at all.

"And plus at least I'm not working at the coffee shop where I barely can pay my rent," I mentioned, trying to show her that this job wasn't that bad.