Chapter 4

Enjoy

The two days before my interview went by so quick. The last two days I been finding more jobs just in case I don't get the PA job. If I'm being honest I don't really know what's going to happen, I'm trying to be confident about getting this job but I'm so nervous.

"Stay still!" Kate told me again.

"I don't need that much makeup, Kate, I don't want to seem desperate." But I am, I badly need this job. If I get this job I can actually stop worrying about not being able to pay the landlord.

"A little beauty won't hurt anyone, not saying you're not already gorgeous" I rolled my eyes at her.

I sat still for a good twenty minutes. Not saying anything, not moving.

"Done!" Kate told me excitedly pulling out a mirror from my nightstand.

"You better not have changed me to a whole different per--Oh wow." I was cut off by the girl that stared back at me. Light green eyes with long eyelashes that I didn't realize until now when it seems more obvious. I looked at my pink lip noticing the lighter color and figured Kate adding lipstick. My beauty marks around my nose showed much more and I didn't look all that different, I looked natural which I liked.

"Well?" Kate impatiently asked.

"I like it a lot, thanks, Kate." I smiled at her and got up and grabbed the brush ready to brush out my curly hair.

"No! Don't touch your hair. I got it, sit back down."

I sighed and tried to argue back saying I looked fine with just a simple ponytail.

"Yea but we can make it fancier today." I shook my head but stayed quiet.

After Kate put my hair in a high ponytail she curled the pieces of hair and curled my baby hair. I thanked her and quickly got dressed, worrying I wouldn't be on time knowing I would have to take a 1-hour and a half ride there. I changed into the outfit Kate brought for me.

"Wow girl, you look hot. Ooo, look at that booty trying to pop out from your tight pencil skirt." She winked and I laughed shaking my head and headed towards the mirror. I smiled when I saw my reflection. I looked natural but cute. I was wearing my brown flats until Kate came with a bag.

"Here" she gave me the bag.

"What's this Kate? I don't have time for this I got to head to the bus.

"I brought one of my nude high heels" I open my eyes wide open knowing I can't walk in heels.

"Chill, there not that high." She started laughing at my reaction and I checked out the heels and figured they weren't that bad but just in case packed my brown torn up flats. I grabbed my long brown bag and hanged it on my right shoulder while grabbing the keys.

"Remember, smile! Show those cute dimples of yours. Stand tall and walk inside brave. I know you can do this." She cheered me off and hugged me.

I smiled and hugged her back. "Thanks, Kate, wish me luck!" I exited my apartment and walked towards the bus stop. I paid for my ride and sat at the back like usual. I searched my bag for the cereal I put in a ziplock bag. I started eating some, making sure to save some for later when I get hungry.

I looked through the window noticing how the neighborhood changed as I started going from my neighborhood to the rich side. I sighed, I saw kids playing and smiled to myself, from my torn up window all you can see are drunk people drinking.

I took out my newspaper I also packed and kept highlighted any more jobs I could find.

After about an hour and forty minutes I finally exited the bus thanking the bus driver as I did so. I was in awe as I looked at all the tall places I was greeted with. I wanted to take pictures of all these buildings but didn't have a camera. They were so tall and shiny.