Chapter 12

Normani's POV

After a month, me and Camila are doing great with going to the café, me picking her up and dropping her off, it immediately turned into a routine after that dinner with her mom the night after I "officially" met her. It was honestly great to talk to familiar faces that I loved over the course of my 'old' life. Though, it is still hard to go through every day with Claire being my girlfriend because I feel as if I'm cheating on her, even though I am not.

"Hey," Claire whispered breaking my train of thought. I blinked rapidly because I was, not gonna lie, got scared, as if someone just screamed behind me in a haunted house. I look at Claire and her eyes seemed cloudy. No, it's not that kind of cloudy, it's as if she just cried.

I cupped her cheek and made her look at me harder. "What's wrong?" I asked, searching her eyes for answers.

"Nothing," She said and smiled as if I would really fell for that?

"Really?" I asked her, starting to get mad.

"I don't know Normani! What is wrong?" She asked, yelling and emphasizing the word 'is' I was taken aback by her sudden outburst.

"I-I don't know, did I do something wrong?" I asked, confused looking back at this past month, I was probably a bad girlfriend because my only focus right now is Camila, that I might've forget that maybe Claire is hurting because of my lame excuses of not hanging out with her.

"Nothing." She said coldly. I looked at her confused. Her face is getting red, her freckles are starting to turn into its deeper shade as well.

"Then, what's wrong?" I asked trying to wrap my arms around her. We are currently in my kitchen making lunch.

"That's the thing, Normani, you are doing nothing," She said through gritted teeth. I still don't get it and by the look in her face she is getting frustrated.

"Normani, don't you get it? You used to be so sweet not even wanting to do something without me, you used to plan something for everyday, even if you have softball practices or games you still have plans." She said and can't hide her tears anymore.

I hugged her tightly and she buried her face on my chest. "Where did I go wrong?" She whispered through sobs and I can't help but to cry as well. Claire is a good friend, I love her but I don't love her that way. I am hurting to see such a good person hurting as well.

"Hey, look at me." I said and cupped her cheek but not daring to mover my other hand. "tomorrow, do you want to go on a movie, or stay in with me?" I got no answer she just looked at me and buried her face again.

"Look, I'm sorry, it's just that my parents haven't been home lately, I missed them and my grades are dropping, I don't know." I said trying to explain myself but I know I would regret it even more if I continue talking.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I miss you so much." Claire said.

Narrator's POV

But little did Normani know that Claire just wanted to spend as much more time possible with Normani, she just found out about a week ago that she is diagnosed with breast cancer, stage 3 for both of her breasts. Her doctor said that they can slow down the growth of cancer but they cannot stop it, she still has a year to live not much but she is thankful for it.

She wanted to do stupid things, do everything she always wanted in the span of a year but of course she can't do that she's happy to know when to say goodbye, she's preparing herself because who exactly knows, maybe tomorrow she wakes up it's already been a year, time flies once you are having fun, and maybe she won't even reach that whole year.